Dvd Player Help (Regions, NTSC to Pal conversions)

Started by SoNowThen, May 12, 2004, 01:57:07 PM

FeloniousFunk

I know this Korean video store in Irvine that sells region free players. But I'm not too sure how much they are. My sister's dentist is right next door to that store, so I'll get you more information when I stop by on the 21st.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

FeloniousFunk

Dae Han Video
5394 Walnut Ave.
#G
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)654-7988

*Toshiba SD3960                     -  $99 + tax
*Panasonic S527 (silver/black) - $129 + tax
Panasonic DVDRP62               - $209 + tax
*Samsung DB120/DS100         - $299 + tax (comes w/ home theater system)
*Samsung DB610/DS610          - $399 + tax (comes w/ home theater system)

* The guy at the store said that you have to order those a week in advance. They also have a portable DVD player for a grand, if you're interested in that.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

I'm looking for a new player that can be hacked to region free and pal/ntsc, with dvd-r capability, or is already. I thought I would ask here first before looking around too much. I am appreciative of any help.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

I got that Yakumo, in case anyone's still wondering. Works like a charm, cheap, you can zoom out to conquer the tv overscan, multi-region, etc etc. Amazon.co.uk for 29 quid.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.