Interstellar

Started by MacGuffin, June 15, 2006, 01:11:05 AM

Fernando

that was truly a teaser since it was mostly not footage from the movie.
and it was also a levi's ad.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jenkins

this, this is what people want? well you got it

Axolotl

My only takeaway from this was that Nolan has a thing for dead wives.

picolas

Quote from: jenkins<3 on May 16, 2014, 01:51:16 PM
what does that mean?

i'm hugely excited. i got big contact vibes from that, but for people my age. the floaty spherical thing. whoa. species vs. individuals. slomo chastain. i think the thing that really gets me about it, in a nutshell, is the connection between technology and spirituality. whatever that spaceship is doing, at its core it's opening our eyes a bit wider. it feels like a new direction for nolan. the concept is huge but the humans are more important.

jenkins

Quote from: picolas on May 16, 2014, 03:06:28 PM
Quote from: jenkins<3 on May 16, 2014, 01:51:16 PM
what does that mean?

fair question. means this isn't my kind of party, but the party is large

technology as spirituality is a growing theme, present in her and gravity and transcendence, but i'm not personally captivated by its current foundational form, its conversion of a big idea into a self-serious fantasy. i live in technological times. i live in the future. i like when it's given to me straight. for me, interstellar is oil and water

but that's my personal view. and it's not nice to ruin other people's parties. and, you know, this is how you build a fantasy narrative. so, i'm sorry. i actually am sorry, because i don't think one person's perspective should impose another's. i look forward to hearing about the party!

i'll be in the corner, practicing my zen breathing exercises

Cloudy

oooooooooooooooooohhhmmmmm....

jonas

Hmm, they're making the YouTube vid for trailer 3 private.

Hi-res version here: http://www.interstellarmovie.com/

Use the access code 7201969 to view
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fuzzy Dunlop

Film-Equipped Theaters Getting INTERSTELLAR Three Days Early

from Badass Digest
http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/01/film-equipped-theaters-getting-interstellar-two-days-early/

There's a new trailer for Interstellar (embedded below), but the biggest news of the day for Nolan's next film is this: theaters with 70mm or 35mm capabilities will get the movie three days early. That's incredible! I love this initiative! Nolan is incentivizing film-watching, making the simple act of watching a movie on celluloid into an event.

That means the film will be released on a lot of IMAX screens two days early, but it also means cool movie theaters will have it on November 4th. Among those cool theaters? A host of Alamo Drafthouses, including The Ritz, which will have the movie in 70mm.

And if you happen to live in Houston they're going to be showing a whole slew of Christopher Nolan movies to celebrate. And if you attend all the screenings, you'll get free dinner and drinks at Interstellar on opening day! Here's the schedule:

FOLLOWING – Tuesday, October 7 at 7:30 PM
MEMENTO – Tuesday, October 15 at 7:30 PM
INSOMNIA and INCEPTION double feature – Sunday, October 19 at 4 PM
THE PRESTIGE – Monday, October 27 at 7:30 PM
THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY – Sunday, November 2 at 4 PM

If you don't live in a Drafthouse town click here to find out where you can see Interstellar on November 4th, days before everybody else!

https://interstellar.withgoogle.com/ways-to-see

Just got tickets, looks like they are going fast!

jenkins

confused because i clicked this thinking i'd see an a+
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-christopher-nolans-interstellar-starring-matthew-mcconaughey-jessica-chastain-anne-hathaway-more-20141027

TOMATOMETER
74%

hmmm. i think because nolan's batman was such a big fucking deal, and this movie is about like saving the human race or some shit, and he's supporting film, and he did science research, i thought it was going to be all a's and 100% and idk i just thought that

max from fearless

Dammmmm. James Rocchi just went in on Interstellar!!! Still going to see this, despite the review and despite reading an early-draft-of-the-script-that-was-drifting-around-the-interweb which also suffers from presenting some really cool ideas (wormholes!) before selling them out for a by-the-numbers, predictable, action/fantasy plot, dripping with cliches. But, and this is the asshole cynic in me, can you really deliver a "deep-thought" science fiction movie on the level of budget ($100million+) which naturally dictates hitting the four quadrants and delivering the same ol' same ol' just repackaged as original and new and different???

Which reminds me, I'm gonna re-watch The Matrix this week (for the goofy fun) and The Terminator (just for the lighting, I mean those streets...and that club, Tech Noir! Can we have our xixax xmas party there?)

Drenk

I'll see it Thursday. Always excited about the movie and the event, but I remember how Nolan's stories never seem to flow...if what I say make sense...he's always kind of heavy, and for a man with his visual talent I'm always a little bit disappointed.

The Prestige is, I think, his strongest movie. Maybe because it's not a blockbuster? Maybe not.
Ascension.

why have i thought for literally over a decade that mark romanek directed insomnia?