Inside the actors studio

Started by Stringstroker, July 12, 2003, 12:54:35 AM

Thrindle

The Showcase Network in Canada has different programming than in the US.  Fucking Showcase.
Classic.

MacGuffin

You know the show has hit an all time low when the featured guest is the star of Big Momma's House 2.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 13, 2006, 11:08:07 PM
You know the show has hit an all time low when the featured guest is the star of Big Momma's House 2.

haha i'd love to see that. what are they gonna talk about?! he's only been in like, TWO good movies...  :ponder:

Lipton: "House Party 2. Bad Boys. Black Knight. National Security. Big Momma's House ... Mr. Lawrence you are a blinding brilliant light from heaven."

I Don't Believe in Beatles

He's in Do the Right Thing... but if they start talking about his role in that... then damn, hahaha.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

hedwig

Quote from: Ginger on February 13, 2006, 11:26:04 PM
He's in Do the Right Thing... but if they start talking about his role in that... then damn, hahaha.

haha yeah. "Let's go to a clip, shall we?"

- It's hot as a motherfucker, fan me with your ears.
- Stop playin'!

:yabbse-thumbup:

polkablues

Did anybody see the Dave Chappelle episode?  I missed it, but from what I've been reading it sounds he really opened up during it.

No word on whether James Lipton refers to Half-Baked as "a masterpiece".
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

I did.  It was quite wonderful, actually.  I don't usually watch this show, but Chappelle was very honest, open and insightful.  He would be the first to say that Half-Baked wasn't good (it didn't live up to what he saw in his mind, he was disappointed with the direction).  Actually none of his movie work is that good.  He is proud of Block Party, though, I believe.  He explains how he feels about his place as the $50 million man the while back when he went to Africa.  Stuff like that.

He's a very smart and funny guy, and his general honesty cancelled out the general ass-kissing on that show.

Weird. Oh

Anyone know why the show was taped at Pace University? Was it Chappelle's terms or have they been taking the shows on the road this seasons? I honestly can say I haven't watched much lately due to the paltry acting chops of the guests they've had listed.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 13, 2006, 11:08:07 PM
You know the show has hit an all time low when the featured guest is the star of Big Momma's House 2 The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause .

Quote from: Weird. Oh on February 15, 2006, 01:55:54 AM
Anyone know why the show was taped at Pace University?

They moved their MFA program to Pace.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Alright, now we're back pn track:

Dustin Hoffman Recalls Audition

Dustin Hoffman is a lucky guy. He got his big break in 1967's "The Graduate" despite his audition.

In a two-hour edition of Bravo's "Inside the Actors Studio," set to air June 25 (9 p.m EDT), Hoffman recalls the experience: "I went to shake the prop guy's hand and all my subway tokens fell out (of my pocket). And he picked them up and handed them back to me saying, `Here kid, you're gonna need these.'"

The 68-year-old Hoffman, who won best actor Oscars for 1988's "Rain Man" and 1979's "Kramer vs. Kramer," is the 200th guest on the program, hosted by James Lipton.

"A friend told me to take acting, and I asked him, `Why? I don't want to act,'" Hoffman recalls. "And he said, `Because no one failed acting.'"

While preparing for his role as Ratso Rizzo in 1969's "Midnight Cowboy," he found inspiration on the streets of New York.

"I went out looking for a limp a limp that was so graphically described in the novel," he says. "And then I found this guy on 42nd Street and I was following him for the limp and then the light changes, and he's the first to cross. Even with his limp! And I thought, `That's my guy.'"

Hoffman, who portrayed a man impersonating a woman in 1982's "Tootsie," also reveals a shallow side.

"If I had met myself at a party (as a woman), I wouldn't go up and talk to myself," he says. "And I thought, but I was very interesting! I'd be a very interesting woman. And look what I'd be missing out on."

When asked what movies affected him when he was a child, Hoffman says, "Oh, I identified with `Dumbo.' He had the ears, but I had the nose."

His upcoming films include "Stranger Than Fiction," also starring Will Ferrell and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Skeleton FilmWorks

ProgWRX

the dustin hoffman episode was great IMO.  :bravo:

too bad they still get butchered in the editing process. anyone know if theres a way to get the wholee interview and not just the tv broadcast?

-Carlos

Reel

Thanks Wilder! I peeped Harvey Keitel's last night. He's been on my mind a lot after I recently watched  'Smoke' and 'Blue In The Face'

Next up: Mike Nichols, Billy Bob Thornton, Charlie Sheen should be interesting...

and I have to watch Ben Affleck's just to see how he comes across.

any suggestions?