David Lowery

Started by Robyn, January 26, 2013, 06:00:07 PM

max from fearless

ElPandaRoyal

Oh yes. In retrospect my comment (I'm speaking only for myself here) might sound like arrogant or full of envy or whatever. That was not the intention at all, I didn't want to act like I was trying to tell an established filmmaker what to do. It's just that I personally don't really have much patiente for CGI-heavy fantasy films anymore. They all look the same to me, and they don't look good at all. But if this was any other filmmaker other than David whom we 'know' for years, I'd just say something like "hell, I trust the guy who did Ain't Them Bodies Saints to deliver the goods".
Si

Jeremy Blackman

I think it will be fine. The CGI used throughout Ain't Them Bodies Saints was tastefully done; you don't even notice it.

Pozer

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 25, 2014, 01:40:30 PM
I think it will be fine. The CGI used throughout Ain't Them Bodies Saints was tastefully done; you don't even notice it.

Hear, hear!

Ain't Them Bodies' CGI baby > Children of Men's

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

three out of the four words in that sentence were names. mega.

jenkins

casually mentioning i wish i could hear the name of the dp for pete's dragon

polkablues

I'm going to assume it's Bradford Young again until I hear otherwise.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ghostboy

Quote from: polkablues on November 08, 2014, 03:49:40 PM
I'm going to assume it's Bradford Young again until I hear otherwise.

It sadly won't be. Timing wasn't right to move to New Zealand for six months! We'll do the one after this together...

polkablues

Well, that narrows it down, at least.

For what it's worth, I would be more than happy to move to New Zealand for six months. Caveat: I am terrible at cinematography.

wilder

Lowery's films St. Nick (2009) and Pioneer (2011) are available streaming in HD on Fandor, which you can watch on your TV through Roku and Chromecast

jenkins

matt35mm

PETE'S DRAGON is currently in production in New Zealand.

David's gonna be tryin' to blog each day.

http://road-dog-productions.com/weblog/

jenkins

polkablues

Would it kill him to post some pictures?