directors paltrow has worked with

Started by tpfkabi, March 04, 2003, 02:41:03 PM

tpfkabi

i was thinking the other day, its pretty amazing that she's worked with PTA, Wes Anderson, and David Fincher...i think she's the only actor/actress to work with all three of these young directors.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

phil marlowe

Not to forget Anthony Minghella, John Singleton and Steven Spielberg.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

I think the luckiest actor in the world is Tom Cruise. Think about all the directors he has worked with: Spielberg, PTA, Cameron Crowe, KUBRICK!, Oliver Stone, Martin Scorsese, Tony and Ridley Scott, John Woo, Brian DePalma... the list goes on.

Him

hmm, you seem like people with taste...

i have a few scripts up on my web-site, and i was thinking maybe you peeps should come and have a look. please? i could do we with the acclaim. you'd be like the second people on my guestbook, (oh, yeah, please sign that too.)

http://www.geocities.com/cliche_pictures

long, i realise, but the cleverer ones were taken.

me and some buddies had this discussion about tom cruise the other day, and were trying to think of a bad tom cruise film of the last twenty years. most people came up with cocktail -  'a tale of cock', i think one guy described it, - and it really comes down to personal preference on eyes wide shut.

Him

by the way, which film did gwyneth paltrow work with steven spielberg in? you can't count the begining of austin powers three!

phil marlowe

She played "young Wendy" in "Hook".

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phil MarloweShe played "young Wendy" in "Hook".

No, I did!

CollinBullock

I think the person who's worked with the most talented directors in Hollywood is Veronique Malay.

She's a hooker who has a two for one deal on saturdays.  They LOVE her!
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Alethia

cruise also worked with coppola (the outsiders), ron howard (far and away), rob reiner (a few good men), and neil jordan (interview with the vampire)

brockly

Quote from: cbrad4dI think the luckiest actor in the world is Tom Cruise. Think about all the directors he has worked with: Spielberg, PTA, Cameron Crowe, KUBRICK!, Oliver Stone, Martin Scorsese, Tony and Ridley Scott, John Woo, Brian DePalma... the list goes on.

Hey, which film did Tom work with Scorsese? It rings a bell but I can't seem to think of which one. It'll probably come to mind with the next 10 mins or so but oh well.

phil marlowe

brockly

MacGuffin

Pregnant Paltrow Marries!
Source: E!

It's official: Gwyneth Paltrow has managed do what old flame Ben Affleck couldn't. Get married under the radar.

The clerk-recorder-assessor's office in Santa Barbara confirmed Wednesday it had a record of a matrimonial done deal between the pregnant Paltrow, 31, and Coldplay boyfriend and father-to-be Chris Martin, 26.

Per reports, the hush-hush ceremony went down last Friday in Santa Barbara, the same locale that Affleck and fiancée Jennifer Lopez targeted for their summer nuptials before canceling the event on account of, they said, too much publicity.

According to People and other published reports, Paltrow not only evaded the press, but family (including actress mom Blythe Danner), friends, and even the M One. The Oscar-winning actress with a penchant for British accents purportedly exchanged vows with the British-born rock star in an ultra-private, 10-minute ceremony held at a "secluded bungalow on the grounds of a...hotel," in the words of the Chicago Sun-Times.

The couple are now in Honeymoon Central at the posh hotel, Las Ventanas al Paraiso (translation: "window to paradise"), in the Mexican resort town of Cabo San Lucas, the New York Post said.

On Wednesday, Paltrow's publicist, Steven Huvane, did not confirm, nor deny, the marriage reports, which have been escalating since a Santa Barbara County official blabbed last week that the actress and rock star had forked over $70 for a marriage license.

The marriage is the first for both. Paltrow previously was linked with the likes of Affleck and Brad Pitt, her onetime fiancé.

It was just one week ago that Paltrow and Martin revealed they were with child, and expecting a delivery next summer. The nuptials reputedly occurred two days after their baby-on-board announcement.

No less than Affleck has wished Paltrow well on her new life. "She had a really tough year," he tells the new People. "And it's so wonderful to see somebody get some happiness."

Paltrow and Martin hooked up last fall--they met at a Coldplay gig in London's Wembley Stadium--shortly after Paltrow's father, director/producer Bruce Paltrow, died of throat cancer.

"This is all very weird because she's a big Hollywood star, and I'm just the bloke from Coldplay," Martin was quoted as telling London's Sun in November 2002, shortly after the two began dating, but before the rocker felt he could officially call Paltrow his girlfriend.

Last week on NBC's Tonight Show, Paltrow demonstrated similar caution. She told host Jay Leno that she didn't like to talk too much about the pregnancy--"the Jewish part of me is superstitious."

"I touch wood, and I pinch my stomach--it's a good-luck thing," she told Leno. "Now there's a lot more to pinch."

If paparazzi pics are any indication, all appears to be well so far with the upcoming Paltrow-Martin collaboration. A shot of the two leaving her baby doctor's office in Manhattan last week depicts the couple as smiling, relaxed and in full-on cuddling mode.

Paltrow recently told the BBC that she'd spent the last year, in the wake of her father's death, prioritizing.

"I thought, from now on I want to do things that are worth my time," she said. "Get something out of your life and make your life worth something."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs