Sunday Night TV

Started by Banky, September 28, 2003, 09:34:48 PM

Banky

Man i hate Sunday night TV.  Im not talking prime time because i know everyone likes simpsons and such.  Im talking late night.  I hate turning to the Networks and not seeing Letterman or Kilborn.  At least Saturday there is SNL and Mad TV.  I really really hate Sunday night TV.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Sunday is a crappy day in itself, you know?  It's so dead.  Saturday you can skip sleep altogether if it hits you on a whim because you can stay up.  But Sundays you can't stay out too late if you have school or work the next day.  Sundays just have a dreary feel to them.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

I can't complain really since I'm watching The Conversation on IFC.

Alethia

yeah well I can, I'm watching a view to a kill and not enjoying it.

ono

Agreed, Sundays suck TV-wise.  Alias is good sometimes.  The Practice lost me a couple years ago.  Simpsons are okay, though not as good as they used to be.  Malcolm in the Middle is great.  Sometimes, Nick at Nite has some decent stuff on.  But where it really gets good Sunday night is actually Monday morning, 12 AM.  A whole big animation block on Comedy Central, ending with two episodes of Sports Night.  In the words of Jon Stewart, "Now that's good television."

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Ravi

What about the animation on Comedy Central?

Xixax

You people are all smoking crack.

Sunday is the ONLY day for television...

- NFL Football
- Sopranos (hbo)
- Carnivale (hbo)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (hbo)
- Six Feet Under (hbo)
- Dead Like Me (if you miss the new one on Friday or Saturday)
- Mutant-X (in syndication)

Not to mention the fact that I (believe it or not) really enjoy going to church. But that's not a TV thing.

Sundays are the shit! Best day of the week!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

by going to church, you mean going to the comic book store, right?

(pst, just say yes... im trying to save your rep)

Ravi

Quote from: Cecilby going to church, you mean going to the comic book store, right?

New banner idea:  XIXAX.COM:  We are all Wiccans here.

Sleuth

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: Cecilby going to church, you mean going to the comic book store, right?

New banner idea:  XIXAX.COM:  We are all Wiccans here.

I love it
I like to hug dogs

freakerdude

Sunday nights aren't that bad. Futurama (at times), Simpson's are a given, Malcom is good, then switch over to Comedy Central for Reno 911 and South Park. Oh yeah, don't forget Cartoon Network's Adult Swim......especially the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Space Ghost, Sealab, and Brak Show are pretty good too.
MC Pee Pants

Banky

El Duderino

yeah, Sunday TV sucks. but i really like Law and Order : Criminal Intent. Vincent D'Onofrio is great. also Arrested Development and Simpsons.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

RegularKarate