Spider-Man 3

Started by MacGuffin, March 22, 2005, 12:43:47 AM

Ghostboy

Quote from: modagei'm TELLING YOU, TOO MANY CHARACTERS WILL RUIN THIS MOVIE.  mark those words.  it's going to be very difficult to make this work.  a 2 hour film only splits up so many ways.

Absolutely. It's interesting that both Spider-Man films so far started out with two villains - Green Goblin and Doc Ok in 1 and Doc Ok and Black Cat in 2 - but they got rid of them. I assume Raimi, who's obviously aware of the problems with multiple villains, knows what he's doing and will somehow make it work. Perhaps Sandman will bite the dust (no pun intended) in the first twenty minutes of the film or something. Or maybe Venom won't turn into Venom until the last five minutes. Who knows.

polkablues

The thing with Venom, which could bode well for this story, is that he's not really a villain, per se.  He's more of a vigilante, Punisher-style crime-fighter (at the core of the character anyway... he's gone through many story arcs and character changes).  My guess as to how the story will play out is that Sandman is the "villain" of the film, but Venom is more the antagonist; maybe Venom starts stepping on Spider-man's toes and pissing people off right as Spidey's starting to win them over.  Of course, how Harry Osborne fits into all of this is anybody's guess.

Basically, I see this as more along the lines of "Batman Returns", with Penguin and Catwoman (Remember?  Two.  And we liked that one), as opposed to the third or fourth Batmans, which would have sucked with one, two, three, or fifteen villains.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Bryce Dallas Howard is Gwen Stacy

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22217

nothing like adding ANOTHER character to an already crowded roster!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Black Widow Joins Spider-Man 3
No, not Marvel's Black Widow.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, actress Theresa Russell has joined the ensemble cast of Columbia's Spider-Man 3. THR says Russell will portray "Mrs. Marko, the wife of Flint Marko, aka the Sandman (Thomas Haden Church). Plot details from Alvin Sargent's screenplay are scarce, though it is known that the villainous couple has a daughter."

Spider-Man 3 begins filming this month. In addition to Russell and Church, the cast includes Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Bryce Dallas Howard and Topher Grace.

Russell is best known for her femme fatale turn in Black Widow. Her other credits include Kafka, Wild Things, Whore and HBO's Empire Falls.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Father's day for Cromwell in 'Spidey 3'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

James Cromwell is set to walk the beat in Columbia Pictures' "Spider-Man 3" as Captain Stacy, the father of Bryce Dallas Howard's character.

Sam Raimi is directing the movie, which is scheduled to roll this month.

In the "Amazing Spider-Man" comic books, Stacy dies a heroic death as he saves a child during a battle between Spider-Man and another supervillain. Peter Parker love interest Gwen Stacy (Howard) ends up blaming Spider-Man for her father's death.

Cromwell joins returning cast members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco as well as Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church and Theresa Russell.

Cromwell is best known for starring in the "Babe" movies, the first of which earned him an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor, and as a villain in "L.A. Confidential." His recent role on "Six Feet Under" earned him an Emmy mention in 2003.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

oh good.  more characters.  this film will be 6 hours.

edison

©brad

Pubrick

cool, gargoyles the movie.  :yabbse-smiley:

seriously tho, that's cool. what's in his eye reflection?
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrick on February 24, 2006, 08:40:23 AM

seriously tho, that's cool. what's in his eye reflection?

Looks like the face of a guy with 3-D glasses.

Pubrick

dang i think it might just be his arm. oh i get it, spidey's worst enemy is himself, cue rain sequence.

really tho, once again, designing teaser posters/trailers is truly the haven of modern genii. can you imagine a world with only teasers and no "official" final trailers? my god, we would be as gods, and cumly lasses of virtue true would be at our beck and call. a man can dream..

end rain, cue sun breaking through the clouds.
under the paving stones.

edison

the reflection looks like green goblin

72teeth

i was thinking venom (clock your slightly left....)
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Hobgoblin.  Just saying.  It makes sense.
My house, my rules, my coffee