Things in movies that scared you as a kid.

Started by Stefen, January 16, 2004, 12:42:23 AM

Alethia

Quote from: snaporazthis movie scared me. anyone remember this movie?

i've never seen it but i recognize the cover

kassius

Quote from: SlorgEverything in the Shining

That scene with Danny sitting in the hallway and the ball rolling towards him.  So simple, yet I was young as crap and it did the trick into scaring the living piss out of me.  :shock:

Myxo

By far this film. Next on the list was "The People Under the Stairs" for a while.

Alethia

people under the stairs is a guilty pleasure of mine.....so is the oc

Sleepless

Anyone remember 'The Boy Who Could Fly'?

I know it's not supposed to be a scary film, but it fucked me up good and proper.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

nix

Showgirls...

come on, somebody had to say it!
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

kassius

Geez. Since we're going to extremes... how about that huge freaky dog from "The Never-Ending Story"??? Ahhh!!! :shock:

I don't know who here used to watch this movie growing up, but that damn thing used to really scare the crap out of me.  I think it was called "Falkor", but I'm not sure.  Uhh. I had nightmares and funny thing is, Freddy just came and went. :lol:

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: ckad79Geez. Since we're going to extremes... how about that huge freaky dog from "The Never-Ending Story"??? Ahhh!!! :shock:

I don't know who here used to watch this movie growing up, but that damn thing used to really scare the crap out of me.  I think it was called "Falkor", but I'm not sure.  Uhh. I had nightmares and funny thing is, Freddy just came and went. :lol:

The dog was so nice, though. What really freaked me out was the scene when Atrayu's horse is swallowed up in the bog-stuff. That scene always brings a tear to my eye.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: SloyjIt's a dragon...

The point is it's not scary.

kassius

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: SloyjIt's a dragon...

The point is it's not scary.

I was told it was a gaint dog.  If it's a dragon, fine, cause it doesn't look like a dog but yes, it scared the crap out of me.

Pubrick

it was pretty scary. i never saw it cos of that dog thing.

that pic is creeping me out.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

The dradog was so pleasant a character, though. I don't understand how anyone could be afraid of that gentle beast.

Sleuth

Quote from: Chest RockwellThe dradog was so pleasant a character, though. I don't understand how anyone could be afraid of that gentle beast.

He was a delight.  Dragons look like dogs (Spirited Away) and that's what makes them cool.
I like to hug dogs

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Sloyj
Quote from: Chest RockwellThe dradog was so pleasant a character, though. I don't understand how anyone could be afraid of that gentle beast.

He was a delight.  Dragons look like dogs (Spirited Away) and that's what makes them cool.

Well I don't know about dragons looking like dogs in general, but this is a furry dragon that likes to be patted on the head (right?).