Who's a musician?

Started by Gamblour., September 11, 2005, 10:44:56 PM

pete

I grew up playing piano and violin.  Though I'm really bad at them piano these days.  I switched to jazz violin in college, but was classically trained before that.  In middle school I've picked up the acoustic guitar and then a year later I started playing the drums.  Recently I've been getting into latin and brazilian funk/ jazz stuff.  I can also fake competence on the bass (but with a pick.)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Alethia

Quote from: Gamblour
Quote from: ewardharmonica and rhythm guitar

Only if the harmonica is on one of those holder things, ala Dylan.

well duuuuhhhhhhh....

Ravi

Quote from: peteI grew up playing piano and violin.  

You're so cliche.

Pas

What's up with all of you saying 'you really want to become musicians' when you already play like 23 instruments for many years each ?  :yabbse-undecided: I tought I was a musician because I learned the flute in grade school

Gamblour.

Quote from: eward
Quote from: Gamblour
Quote from: ewardharmonica and rhythm guitar

Only if the harmonica is on one of those holder things, ala Dylan.

well duuuuhhhhhhh....

But you can't be Dylan. Dylan is out. You have to be the new Dylan. And by that, I mean Connor Oberst, or whoever is decided in that scandalous thread.
WWPTAD?

Alethia

I'll be anyone you want me to be, or I won't be anyone at all.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ewardI'll be anyone you want me to be, or I won't be anyone at all.

Can you fall somewhere in the middle?
WWPTAD?

squints

I can play the guitar (and i have been for 7 years) and i've recently been playing lots of piano...having a pretty good understanding of the guitar  makes playing the keyboards much easier....i've been tinkering on a friend's banjo and its blowing my mind with its wonderful tones. I guess you could say i play the "computer" as well because you can do damn near anything with the right sound system and the newest copy of fruity loops. There's no greater feeling in the world than being on a stage playing with your friends for a crowd thats really diggin it...in our little group it seems everytime we cover The Meters' song "Cissy Strut" everyone in the place will dance....guaranteed
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: peteI grew up playing piano and violin.  

You're so cliche.

I know, your mom seems to think so too, 'cause I ALWAYS jizz on her face, never anywhere else.  She was like, how about that cup of grape juice I was sipping earlier?  cum in that?  I was like nah.  <pifft> and her face was full of potential Pete Jrs. again.

I guess I'm pretty cliched.  YOU ASSHOLE.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Figure 8

Gamblour.

Ok, so we've got our basic setup. We can add Pete as the 12 inch pianist/violinist cliche. He can also jizz on someone's mother's face, so we have aristocrats style variety act going too. P will play turntables, featuring digivoxed samples of "it's no Curb" and various insults.

Now we need female vocalists....Fiona?
WWPTAD?

72teeth

We should get P to Rollins style rant...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Thrindle

Quote from: GamblourNow we need female vocalists...
I sing...
Classic.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?