Naqoyqatsi

Started by Xixax, February 08, 2003, 07:06:17 PM

Xixax

Naqoyqatsi opens at our local artsy-fartsy theater here on Wednesday. I can't wait. I've been waiting 15 years for this movie!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

RegularKarate

YEAH... what the fuck?

I thought this was supposed to come to theaters months ago.  I was looking forward to it.

Though, now that I've had time to watch the trailer for it, I don't think it looks as good as the others.  
Definately want to see it though.

Xixax

I think the theme of this one (technology) is going to be more captivating than the others were. I loved the first one, and the second one was not as good a the first. To me the theme of the second one (largely dusty land, full of people) wasn't as good.

I have high hopes for it, definitely.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ghostboy

I thought it was good, but the style is a little antiquated in this MTV age. The opening shots, of decaying buildings, are gorgeous, and I'd rather have seen more of that then some of the many processed shots, which had a rather naivete to them. Definitely worth seeing if you're a fan of the first two, though.

Pedro

Quote from: XixaxNaqoyqatsi opens at our local artsy-fartsy theater here on Wednesday.

I never thought I'd say this...bu I really want to live in Nashville now.

Ghostboy

Just drive up to Dallas, it's playing here too...

Bud_Clay

Quote from: XixaxNaqoyqatsi opens at our local artsy-fartsy theater here on Wednesday. I can't wait. I've been waiting 15 years for this movie!

That's funny...I can't imagine you are refering to anything other than THE BELCOURT...yep, artsy fartsy is quite right. You know I actually was trying to get a job there and the assistant manager, I think he was, was being a complete ass yuppie fucko. Glad I'm not working there. Anyway "Naqoyqatsi" is fucking genius...to say the least...I've got the sound track on order.

Xixax

Quote from: Bill MaplewoodThat's funny...I can't imagine you are refering to anything other than THE BELCOURT...
Absolutely right!

I'm not trendy enough to be a part of the whole Belcourt scene, but Naqoyqatsi isn't exactly going to bring in a lot of viewers at the Hollywood 27, either. I missed it last weekend, so I need to get down there and check it out while it's still showing. If you blink, you'll miss it.
[/size]

MacGuffin

Release date: October 14.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jokerspath

I wish they'd release all three as a pack, but they prob. won't, since they've had the first two packaged together for months...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

dufresne

Quote from: MacGuffin
Release date: October 14.

very, very cool.
There are shadows in life, baby.