Brad Mehldau

Started by Myxo, March 12, 2004, 03:46:51 AM

Myxo

I just bought "Largo", which includes a great jazz version of Radiohead's "Paranoid Android". It's always interesting to me how people are connected in the entertainment business. Radiohead have been my favorite band way before I was a PTA fan. I saw Boogie Nights and loved it, and then I saw Magnolia and I was hooked. However, I was a Radiohead fan as soon as I heard "Anyone can play Guitar" and "Ripcord" off Pablo Honey.

Jon Brion scores PTA films.

Brad Mehldau mentions Jon Brion in a recent interview.

Brad Mehldau covers Radiohead on his record, "Largo".

--

It's interesting to me as well that Radiohead showed up for the premiere of PDL as well.

Hehe.. I realize this is sorta random, but it cements my feeling that there exists a relationship with people who like Radiohead, and for whatever reason, people who like PTA. They are one in the same.

Now, damnit Radiohead! Do a PTA soundtrack!!

:-D

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Myxomatosis

Jon Brion scores PTA films.

Brad Mehldau mentions Jon Brion in a recent interview.

Brad Mehldau covers Radiohead on his record, "Largo".

--

It's interesting to me as well that Radiohead showed up for the premiere of PDL as well.

You forgot to mention that Radiohead has a song called "Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong."

And by the way, your screen name is my personal theme song.

Slick Shoes

This past week I bought "Introducing Brad Mehldau" and "Anything Goes." I think he's great, although I don't consider myself to be a jazz afficionado or anything. It's just good, relaxing music. I heard "Largo" is more experimental. Is this true? Would it be too esoteric for the casual jazz listener?