Where The Wild Things Are

Started by tpfkabi, November 27, 2003, 09:31:27 PM

Stefen

It's kind of funny. I like the way the sunlight is reflected the same way as in most of Spike's films.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

©brad

Pozer

even better than the trailer itself.

Bethie

QuoteA baby watches (and loves) WTWTA trailer.

this makes me laugh. this is xixax. we would all do this to our children. we wouldn't tell our kids "its called where the wild things are" we'd be like "this is the new spike jonze film!!!"
who likes movies anyway

Stefen

lol. nobody here will ever have children.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Bethie

haha i had "non-existent" typed out before "children" but erased it
who likes movies anyway

hedwig

Quote from: Stefen on June 04, 2009, 12:41:27 AM
nobody here will ever have children.
marquee this motherfucker, plz.

New Feeling

Quote from: Stefen on June 04, 2009, 12:41:27 AM
lol. nobody here will ever have children.

I've got two.  But then, I'm probably too good for this place.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Peek at Eggers' furry 'Wild Things' novel
Source: PopCandy (USAToday)

Think you've read Where the Wild Things Are?

Well, you have, and it's an undisputed classic. But this fall Dave Eggers' interpretation of Wild Things arrives at around the same time we'll see Spike Jonze's adaptation of the children's tale on the big screen.

Eggers' tie-in novel runs 300 pages and is loosely based on Maurice Sendak's book. You can pre-order it on Amazon.

McSweeney's plans to publish a special "fur edition" of the novel, and they just sent me an early peek at the cover. It looks quite cuddly.  The Wild Things book arrives in stores Oct. 1. The film opens Oct. 16.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

That is too awesome. I can't wait to read Egger's take on it. 300 pages isn't exactly short.

I wonder how much the fur edition is going to cost.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

picolas

theplaylist.blogspot.com

Heads On, We Shoot': Another 'Wild Things' Book - The Behind-The-Scenes 240 Page Color Hardcover Edition

Hello, what do we have here? Yet another "Where The Wild Things Are" related book thanks to Dave Eggers' McSweeney's? Hell yes, and this one sounds and looks pretty awesome too. We may have to shell out for this one. Eggers obviously co-wrote the 'Wild Things' script with director Spike Jonze, and McSweeney's is already releasing "Wild Things" on Oct 1, Eggers' novelization of the script that combines what he wrote, the ideas of the film and Maurice Sendak's original classic work.

Now another book, a fat-ass coffee table edition, is in the works and this one looks more like a straight-up behind-the-scenes book that's titled, "Heads on and We Shoot: The Making of Where the Wild Things Are," and its due October 13. It retails for $26.39 and is a pimp-sized 240 pages, color hardcover book that we want. Like now.

Here's two synopsis:

"But how do you turn one of the world's favorite children's books into a movie? This film incorporates the most dynamic elements of voice performance, live-action puppetry, and computer animation into a live-action adventure story that captures the magic of the book - and takes it to a new dimension. In order to preserve the realistic nature of the film, the Wild Things are not created digitally. Instead, Spike Jonze brings these characters to life in the form of physical suits built by the Jim Henson Company. These creatures, operated by a suit performer, interact with the live actor playing Max on set in front of the camera. After principal photography is finished, CGI is being used to make the creatures completely lifelike and convincing."
Umm, you guys are buying this as an early Xmas present to us or fuck you, already. Man, Warner Bros., plus Eggers and Jonze are really keen on bombarding everyone. Come the fall, October is going to be like official, "Where The Wild Things Are" month. Oh, btw, that furry cover edition of Eggers' novelization that wasn't on Amazon when we first wrote that story? Yeah, that's the funny-looking image here to the right.

Sure, it's his brother and what else is he gonna say, but this got us slightly excited: The National Post in Canada caught up with Squeak E. Clean, aka Sam Spiegel, Spike Jonze's younger brother and they asked him if he had seen "Where The Wild Things Are" yet. His simple, terse response? "His greatest movie ever, dude." Color us further stoked. [via @thewildthing/additional info GATW]

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.