Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

tpfkabi

I ordered some of the MST3K box sets and all were out of stock, but I learned in this very thread that they usually get it together anyway.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Bigideas, because of your inquiry I feel justified in asking: is your avatar Torgo?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

tpfkabi

Quote from: Walrus on November 25, 2008, 05:22:52 PM
Bigideas, because of your inquiry I feel justified in asking: is your avatar Torgo?

*long pause*
How....*mehmeh*.....do you...*mehmeh*......expect....me.....*mehmeh*.....to answer that?

cinemanarchist

Amazon's Black Friday DVD sale includes several Criterion's including Six Moral Tales for $56 and Scenes From A Marriage for $25. They've also got Seinfeld for $15 a season!!
My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

last days of gerry the elephant

I've picked up Diabolique but it's not an impressive sale all in all. There has been cheaper sales at Amazon regarding Criterion releases.

Pas

if you've ever been a member of Columbia House, huge boxing day sale right now everything at least 50% off, free shipping and 30 pages of DVDs at 4.99$

I bought all of this for 356$

695678844 DVD Herzog/Kinski Collection
695687234 DVD 30 Rock: Season 1
695687234 DVD Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
695687234 DVD Why We Fight
695687234 DVD Road House
695687234 DVD Sexy Beast
695687234 DVD The French Connection
695687234 DVD 30 Rock: Season 2
695678798 DVD Heartbreak Ridge
695678798 DVD Trading Places "Looking Good, Feeling Good" Edition
695678798 DVD Gods and Generals
695678798 DVD Brick
695678798 DVD The Man Who Would be King
695678798 DVD Southern Comfort
695678798 DVD Infernal Affairs
695678798 DVD The Long Riders
695678798 DVD Above the Law
695678798 DVD The Pledge
695678798 DVD Infernal Affairs 2
695678798 DVD The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
695678798 DVD Internal Affairs
695678798 DVD Infernal Affairs 3
695678798 DVD The Proposition
695678798 DVD Cashback
695678844 DVD To Live and Die in La
695678844 DVD Glengarry Glen Ross 10 Year Anniversary Edition
695678844 DVD The Conformist Extended Edition
695678844 DVD Sword of Gideon

tpfkabi

I got my battery changed at Wal-Mart today, and while killing time I saw the 5 movie Scorsese box set there for $13.

Is this old news?

btw - does that contain all the best dvd versions of those films or has there already been new versions of any of them?

I just checked Amazon and it's down to $23.99, so not as big a dip as I was thinking, but still significant if you don't have it (like me).

john

If it's the MGM box, they've since re-released New York, New York claiming it has an new anamorphic transfer, but it doesn't. The features on the new edition seem interesting but negligible...

If it's the Warner box, you've got the latest and best editions available (minus Blu-Ray).

either way, you won... you lucky duck. I'm sure I payed much more than that when either box was initially released.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

tpfkabi

It's Warner.

I believe I saw NY,NY in the $3 bin at Big Lots! last time I was there.

I couldn't tell you which version.

MacGuffin

Circuit City, R.I.P.

The troubled 60-year-old electronics chain tried its best to survive bankruptcy, but to no avail; now, it will liquidate its merchandise and close all 567 remaining stores.

Bloomberg reports that Circuit City Stores Inc. has hired a quartet of liquidators to sell off its existing merchandise, pending a green light from the courts. If everything goes according to plan, the fire sale will start Saturday and continue through the end of March, according to CNNMoney.com.

And unfortunately for Circuit City's 30,000+ employees, unemployment awaits.

The biggest consumer tech chain in the U.S. besides Best Buy, Circuit City filed for bankruptcy protection back in November. As Bloomberg notes, the struggling company had been looking for a buyer as late as Thursday, but failed to find any takers.

Of course, news of the Circuit City liquidation sale will draw plenty of bargain hunters, but (as I've blogged before), buyer beware.

Typically, closeout sales are final: no refunds or exchanges, so think twice before snapping up a big-ticket item like an HDTV. Also, keep in mind that closeout prices often aren't as rock-bottom low as you'd think; make sure to comparison shop online, and don't be fooled by big "75% OFF!" signs on items that have been marked up.

Finally ... a deep bow to Circuit City in general, where I've spent countless hours of browsing (and drooling)—and if nothing else, when it comes to tech retailers, less competition is never a good thing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

I thought Circuit City mostly sucked - every store I'd ever been had generally bad customer service (there'd be 20 employees standing around talking and no one would ever come over and check you out) - but they did beat out Best Buy now and then and have some cool little exclusives with movies sometimes.

Pas

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 16, 2009, 01:48:32 PM
Circuit City, R.I.P.

The troubled 60-year-old electronics chain tried its best to survive bankruptcy, but to no avail; now, it will liquidate its merchandise and close all 567 remaining stores.

Bloomberg reports that Circuit City Stores Inc. has hired a quartet of liquidators to sell off its existing merchandise, pending a green light from the courts. If everything goes according to plan, the fire sale will start Saturday and continue through the end of March, according to CNNMoney.com.

And unfortunately for Circuit City's 30,000+ employees, unemployment awaits.

The biggest consumer tech chain in the U.S. besides Best Buy, Circuit City filed for bankruptcy protection back in November. As Bloomberg notes, the struggling company had been looking for a buyer as late as Thursday, but failed to find any takers.

Of course, news of the Circuit City liquidation sale will draw plenty of bargain hunters, but (as I've blogged before), buyer beware.

Typically, closeout sales are final: no refunds or exchanges, so think twice before snapping up a big-ticket item like an HDTV. Also, keep in mind that closeout prices often aren't as rock-bottom low as you'd think; make sure to comparison shop online, and don't be fooled by big "75% OFF!" signs on items that have been marked up.

Finally ... a deep bow to Circuit City in general, where I've spent countless hours of browsing (and drooling)—and if nothing else, when it comes to tech retailers, less competition is never a good thing.

good riddance ! It was a shitty store

Stefen

Shitty store, but damn -- 30K jobs lost? Not good.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Quote from: Circuite City website
Are you also shutting down your operations in Canada?

No, our Canadian operations will continue.  They are not affected by the liquidation of Circuit City's U.S. operations.  The Canadian operations employ approximately 3,000 associates.

Awwww :(