To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

malkovich

Well hello everyone. I'm malkovich, but not really, I suppose. My apologies for initially posting in the wrong thread. I figured since I frequented the Master thread the most, I should start there. My bad. Anyway, a bit about myself:

--I discovered Xixax through Cigarettes and Red Vines after I had pretty much exhausted that site and still found my thirst for information on PTA unquenched. I found myself checking back here and monitoring threads that interested me daily, sorta kinda wanting to join in but never doing it. Eventually I just got up the nerve, I guess.
-- I'm in high school (16) and I'm hoping to go into film, but apathy and my resentment of the education system here in the States (no excuse, I know) make my grades less than desirable and my family doesn't have much money, so film school probably isn't going to happen. I'm not letting that get in the way though.
--PTA is far and away my favorite director, I practically worship the man- a feeling with which I'm sure you can all relate- but Spike Jonze, Francois Truffaut and Lars Von Trier follow close behind, among a bunch of other directors that don't immediately come to mind right now.
-- I also like books and music and art and other cool things like that, with my taste closely mirroring that of most hipsters, I'm afraid. It's a struggle, but I get by.

So yeah. Hopefully I didn't make too bad a first impression with my misstep (newb status acquired, definitely) but I look forward to sharing my excitement and/or frustration for The Master and other film related things with you all.

:yabbse-smiley:

Jeremy Blackman

Welcome!

A few fun facts:

- Being John Malkovich is a great movie (apparently you know this).
- Our original board was the "official" PTA board (at ptanderson.com). When that was shut down many years ago, we created Xixax.
- Everyone behind C&RV is technically from Xixax. WE OWN THEM! OWN!!!
- You have selected 2 out of the 3 filmmakers in my personal Holy Trinity (PTA/LVT), so your membership is hereby unanimously approved, and you automatically bypass the hazing.

DocSportello

Hey folks. I'm guilty of a lurk or two so big ups to the intro thread for finally getting me going! My newbest apologies.

You can call me Doc. Basically I'm a 23 year old PTA/Master junkie who, much like O and Malkovich, stumbled across Xixax through C&RV during one of my many hours spent searching for news on Paul. Apart from the aforementioned great, I enjoy Lynch, Haneke and of course Kubrick among others. Can't wait to learn and contribute. Thanks for having me!

DocSportello

Sleepless

Sounds like we've got us a couple of decent newbies. Merry Christmas to us. And welcome to you guys!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reinhold

Quote from: DocSportello on December 23, 2011, 12:02:42 PM
Hey folks. I'm guilty of a lurk or two so big ups to the intro thread for finally getting me going! My newbest apologies.

You can call me Doc. Basically I'm a 23 year old PTA/Master junkie who, much like O and Malkovich, stumbled across Xixax through C&RV during one of my many hours spent searching for news on Paul. Apart from the aforementioned great, I enjoy Lynch, Haneke and of course Kubrick among others. Can't wait to learn and contribute. Thanks for having me!

now that chere is an intro. welcome aboard, Doc
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Brando

Hey.  I had an account here a couple of years ago but during moving and school I kinda forgot about it.  I don't remember my name and I didn't post a lot.  Anyway, I've been visiting the board for a long time.  Look forward to getting involved in on the discussions.  
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Brando on January 10, 2012, 08:44:34 AM
Hey.  I had an account here a couple of years ago but during moving and school I kinda forgot about it.  I don't remember my name and I didn't post a lot.  Anyway, I've been visiting the board for a long time.  Look forward to getting involved in on the discussions. 

I somehow missed this post. Welcome!

polkablues

Welcome, Brando!  Sorry that nobody noticed this post; I hope you don't take it as an omen.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Brando

Quote from: polkablues on February 02, 2012, 03:33:49 PM
Welcome, Brando!  Sorry that nobody noticed this post; I hope you don't take it as an omen.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 02, 2012, 01:14:21 PM
Quote from: Brando on January 10, 2012, 08:44:34 AM
Hey.  I had an account here a couple of years ago but during moving and school I kinda forgot about it.  I don't remember my name and I didn't post a lot.  Anyway, I've been visiting the board for a long time.  Look forward to getting involved in on the discussions.  

I somehow missed this post. Welcome!

Thanks.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Cloudy

Hello Friends, I'm a newb.

I'm 20 years old, I love clouds, just like the most of us I'm obsessed with my favorite auteurs, and also a student filmmaker.

I found this board after hording for as much information I can possibly accumulate, realizing that my thirst has still not been quenched for one of my most favorite filmmakers, PTA. Been lurking these forums relentlessly for about a year.

My list of favorite filmmakers in no specific order: P.T Anderson, Terrence Malick, Ingmar Bergman, Frederico Fellini, Martin Scorsese, Andrei Tarkovsky, David Fincher, John Cassavetes, Stanley Kubrick, Sergio Leone, Wim Wenders, Andrew Dominik, Nicolas Winding Refn, Derek Cianfrance, Lars Von Trier...and the list goes on and on just like most of us.

For me, the concept of admiring and understanding filmmakers is such a beautiful one, because we're being able to experience the world from the eyes, ears and tears from these unique visionaries. This is why I find an unlimited curiosity in picking these people's brains. I want to understand what makes them tick, and have some of that rub on me in the process.

Currently, any information on The Master is my high, I'm really looking forward to a great year for film this 2012/early 2013.

Cheers to anyone who reads this!

Sleepless

Welcome. Please start a thread to help me comprehend your love of clouds.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.