Welcome to the Green Screen!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, December 31, 2004, 02:54:38 PM

Jeremy Blackman

F.A.Q.
(see this thread for the original FAQ)

Where is the Green Screen?

xixax.com/greenscreen

And it's here in this special forum, which will be used to announce and discuss specific articles.

What is the Green Screen?

A true sister site. A well written, well edited, frequently updated collection of articles by Xixax users.

What is the point of the Green Screen?

Our goal is to inspire content that goes beyond the message board format. Green Screen articles (in general) are longer, denser, and more thoughtfully composed than message board posts. There is also more freedom for graphical complexity.

Who can submit articles?

Any Xixax user. If you feel the desire to write an article, write one and send it to us.

What kind of thing are you looking for? What is an "article"?

That's up to you. We're not looking for "movie reviews" as such... more of an open form. Thoughts and ideas condensed into a piece of writing. We're trying to focus on film, obviously, but you can really write about anything you want.

Will you publish my article?

Well, it should be interesting, and you should have some passion. We can't absolutely guarantee your article will make it in, but right now there's about a 99% chance.

Okay. I wrote an article. What do I do now?

Send your articles to thegreenscreen@yahoo.com and we'll read them. We want content!

How will you edit my articles?

Grammar, language, organization, whatever. We can approve it with you and work things out, of course, before it's published.

SHAFTR

How often will the green screen be updated?

PS: Also, put a link to the articles forum on the article.

Also, good work.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SHAFTRHow often will the green screen be updated?
No regular schedule... just whenever we have another article ready to post.

Quote from: SHAFTRPS: Also, put a link to the articles forum on the article.
Right!  :idea:

I think I was planning on doing that at one point...

Kal

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Is there any way to read the articles now?  All of the links I've tried are dead. 
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Jeremy Blackman

The Green Screen is basically retired now because of a general lack of interest, and the whole thing was (by default) taken offline when we switched to the new format, but yeah, we should definitely make it possible to view the old articles.

Jeremy Blackman

UPDATE

The Green Screen is now entirely archived at http://xixax.com/greenscreen

Links to articles in threads are updated.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Jeremy Blackman

Hedwig's articles have been removed per his request.