What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

modage

^ i just read the script for that.  it could very well be ridiculous.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

samsong

i didn't know a movie was coming.
ugh.

Ghostboy

I think they're trying to do 100 Years Of Solitude, too. Double ugh.

Stefen

This thread and the my job sucks thread are hopping lately.

Since when did everyone start caring about books? When you got a job?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Sheriff

hey guys, look what i just finished reading

id fuck ayn rand

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Even if you're not into martial arts, it's a real fascinating book.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sigur Rós

Yochai Benkler - The Wealth of Networks

Together we are strong  :yabbse-thumbup:

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Depraved, Inc. on June 20, 2007, 12:11:08 AM
hey guys, look what i just finished reading

That cover is beautiful.

Bethie

I'm reading Augesten Burroughs- Running With Scissors now. I let my friend borrow Dry and she lent me RWS.
who likes movies anyway

Kal

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Its amazing... and he has like 3 other books that seem great too... I have been learning a lot about this stuff and its fascinating.

Raikus

Pretty damned interesting.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

squints

i just finished:

and now i'm struggling through:

i just read The Road and No Country for Old Men back to back in about a week. I really dig his style (i've read Blood Meridian before) i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for somethings similar to McCarthy's work? any and all suggestions are more than welcome
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Bethie

who likes movies anyway