Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Started by jenkins, December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

wilberfan

Quote from: jenkins on July 11, 2019, 03:41:22 PM
okay i have to remember and be there. wish me luck everyone who im not mentioning my goal to so you won't buy the ticket i want
Well...?  Howja do?

Robyn

While we're waiting for the release in Europe, we need pictures of wilber, worldforgot and jenkins wearing eiffel tower hats

Drenk

Meanwhile, I'll be on the Eiffel Tower, crying.
Ascension.

jenkins

Quote from: wilberfan on July 13, 2019, 05:49:53 PM
Quote from: jenkins on July 11, 2019, 03:41:22 PM
okay i have to remember and be there. wish me luck everyone who im not mentioning my goal to so you won't buy the ticket i want
Well...?  Howja do?

they went quick but i was smiling from my confirmation window. thanks for asking. best to your own endeavors

wilberfan

Quote from: Robyn on July 13, 2019, 06:14:49 PM
While we're waiting for the release in Europe, we need pictures of wilber, worldforgot and jenkins wearing eiffel tower hats

Thanks for the reminder.  Just ordered mine.  (Hope it arrives on time.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QZGPXD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Drenk

The final cut is three minutes longer than the one that screened at Cannes. He didn't change that much, apparently.
Ascension.

wilberfan

Back in Time: Making Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood

Robert Richardson, ASC and a number of his collaborators discuss their approach — both technical and philosophical — to writer-director Quentin Tarantino's period tale of Tinseltown.

https://ascmag.com/articles/back-in-time-making-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood

It looks like a fascinating read, but I'm going to avoid it until after Sunday night's screening in case it's spoilery. 

Something Spanish

Fuckin' A, scored passes for a  Tuesday night advanced Sony screening in one of my favorite theaters in Miami, a single screen art house joint in Miami Beach with killer balcony seating that if i'm able to attend will be commandeered hastily by yours truly. Remember, FL is a Stand You Ground state, so I pack that heat.

wilberfan

Awesome.  Congrats!  Don't forget to wear your Eiffel Tower hat. 

Drenk

I like this clip. Burlesque Leo is good Leo.

Ascension.

wilberfan

I think this falls under the category of helpful advice rather than spoiler, but I've encountered a rumor that

Spoiler: ShowHide
we need to stick around as there's an after-credits scene that wasn't present at Cannes.

Drenk

Spoiler: ShowHide
It's right in your face credits, not something you have to wait for. Anyway, that's what I read.
Ascension.

wilberfan

Tonight, tomorrow, and/or next week, don't forget to look really, really hard for Ricky, Bill, and your's truly...  ;)

csage97

Starts playing a day early (the 25th) at my local cinema! Can't wait.

After watching that clip, I'm still trying to decide if I like Leo DiCaprio or not. I thought he was great for Django Unchained and Titanic, but I watched Inception recently and wasn't too hot on it -- which could just be the Christopher Nolan writing and directing, because I think his dialogue is usually bad. The only movies I really liked from him were Dunkirk and Interstellar. But even with Dunkirk, Hoyt van Hoytema was the star of the show in my eyes.

I still need to see Wolf of Wall Street, but between Inception and this clip, I can't help but FEEL DiCaprio acting. As in I'm always drawn to the fact that he's acting rather than suspending my belief. We'll see. I'll probably enjoy it anyway.

Lempwick

Quote from: csage97 on July 21, 2019, 06:00:51 PM
Starts playing a day early (the 25th) at my local cinema! Can't wait.

After watching that clip, I'm still trying to decide if I like Leo DiCaprio or not. I thought he was great for Django Unchained and Titanic, but I watched Inception recently and wasn't too hot on it -- which could just be the Christopher Nolan writing and directing, because I think his dialogue is usually bad. The only movies I really liked from him were Dunkirk and Interstellar. But even with Dunkirk, Hoyt van Hoytema was the star of the show in my eyes.

I still need to see Wolf of Wall Street, but between Inception and this clip, I can't help but FEEL DiCaprio acting. As in I'm always drawn to the fact that he's acting rather than suspending my belief. We'll see. I'll probably enjoy it anyway.

Watch more.  Revolutionary Road, Blood Diamond, Catch Me If You Can, The Departed, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, The Basketball Diaries, etc.  Trying to understand the appeal of DiCaprio based on one or two movies is like watching The Ballad of Jack and Rose and Nine and The Boxer and asking why some people love Daniel Day-Lewis.  Or only seeing Inventing the Abbots, Inherent Vice, and Quills, and being unsure about Joaquin's talent.