Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Ravi

Malcolm X SE

Warner has also announced a special edition of the Spike Lee directed Malcolm X which stars Denzel Washington, Albert Hall, Angela Bassett and Delroy Lindo. This two-disc release will be available to own from the 8th February next year, and should retail at around $26.99. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. Extras will include an audio commentary by Spike Lee, Ernest Dickerson, Barry Alexander Brown and Ruth Carter, ten additional scenes with intro by Spike Lee, the Academy Award Nominated feature-length documentary "Malcolm X", a new By Any Means Necessary: The Making of Malcolm X featurette and the films theatrical trailer.

Heat SE

Warner has kindly sent over this first look at artwork for Heat: Special Edition which stars the likes of Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer. This brand new two-disc release will be available to own from the 22nd February next year, and should set you back around $26.99. The film itself should be presented in anamorphic widescreen along with English Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1 and English Dolby 2.0 Surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary, additional scenes, documentaries and the films theatrical trailer. We'll bring you a more detailed rundown shortly.

Can't wait to hear Spike bitch about Warner Brothers.  The box art is ugly though.  Why couldn't they just stay with the classic X logo?

cowboykurtis

Quote from: 03it is certainly relative, but if you found 'tetsuo' by shinya tsukamoto disturbing, then you will find this moreso. i like it very much, i recommend seeing it as soon as possible.

do you know what format that was shot on -- those stills look to be some sort of beta cam
...your excuses are your own...

Derek

Has anyone picked up that Oliver Stone set? I am assuming all of the movies are his director's cuts?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: DerekHas anyone picked up that Oliver Stone set? I am assuming all of the movies are his director's cuts?
Except Natural Born Killers, the one is the collection I think is the rated version. Help me out here, the people who bought the boxed set, or maybe Mac would know...I don't have it so I don't know for sure.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: DerekHas anyone picked up that Oliver Stone set? I am assuming all of the movies are his director's cuts?
Except Natural Born Killers, the one is the collection I think is the rated version. Help me out here, the people who bought the boxed set, or maybe Mac would know...I don't have it so I don't know for sure.

Yes, Any Given Sunday and JFK are the only Directors Cuts...

Quote from: Someone on AmazonThe actual films are great, but this set is a bad marketing ploy produced to tie-in to Alexander. It's 14 discs, the 12 movies and 2 documentary discs. Each of the 12 films gets one disc, and they are the exact same DVDs that you would get if you buy the discs separate. The difference is, some of these are 2-disc sets when sold separately, and the second discs are not included in this set (so you're basically only getting disc 1 of JFK, of The Doors, Any Given Sunday, and Nixon). The extras from those weren't transferred over.. The set was produced sloppy, and fast.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crying Game CE Due in January

Lions Gate Home Entertainment has announced a special edition of the 1992 film The Crying Game, starring Stephen Rea, Jaye Davidson, Forest Whitaker, Miranda Richardson and Jim Broadbent. The disc will be available on January 25 for $19.98.

The film will sport a newly remastered anamorphic widescreen transfer and both Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS audio tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary with director Neil Jordan, an alternate ending with optional commentary, a making-of The Crying Game featurette and a second featurette examining the war in Northern Ireland as seen through the eyes of a Catholic and a Protestant.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin
Yes, Any Given Sunday and JFK are the only Directors Cuts...

Quote from: Someone on AmazonThe actual films are great, but this set is a bad marketing ploy produced to tie-in to Alexander. It's 14 discs, the 12 movies and 2 documentary discs. Each of the 12 films gets one disc, and they are the exact same DVDs that you would get if you buy the discs separate. The difference is, some of these are 2-disc sets when sold separately, and the second discs are not included in this set (so you're basically only getting disc 1 of JFK, of The Doors, Any Given Sunday, and Nixon). The extras from those weren't transferred over.. The set was produced sloppy, and fast.

So, don't be fooled, Derek. Try and get the discs separely, that way You can get only the ones you want and not get the others, pretty cool, huh?

Quote from: MacGuffin
Crying Game CE Due in January

Lions Gate Home Entertainment has announced a special edition of the 1992 film The Crying Game, starring Stephen Rea, Jaye Davidson, Forest Whitaker, Miranda Richardson and Jim Broadbent. The disc will be available on January 25 for $19.98.

The film will sport a newly remastered anamorphic widescreen transfer and both Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS audio tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary with director Neil Jordan, an alternate ending with optional commentary, a making-of The Crying Game featurette and a second featurette examining the war in Northern Ireland as seen through the eyes of a Catholic and a Protestant.

This is on my wish list and I am waiting patiently for it.

My Collection

modage

actually i think nixon is too.  it says 25 extra minutes added back in or something like that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: themodernage02actually i think nixon is too.  it says 25 extra minutes added back in or something like that.
Your right, just got it.

My Collection

modage

yay!  i love this film.

Title: Bringing Up Baby
Released: 1st March 2005
SRP: $26.99

Further Details
Warner has also made available artwork for a special edition of Bringing Up Baby which again stars Cary Grant alongside Katharine Hepburn. The two-disc release will be available to own from the 1st March next year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $26.99. The film itself will be presented in 1.37:1 full frame along with an English Mono track. English, French and Spanish subtitles will also be provided. I'm afraid Warner has yet to release details on the extra material, but we'll bring you some news on that very shortly. For now though, here's our first look at the official region one package artwork: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5384&n=1&burl=

boo!  i already have this.

Title: The Philadelphia Story
Released: 1st March 2005
SRP: $26.99

Further Details
Warner has kindly sent over artwork for a special edition of The Philadelphia Story which stars Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant and James Stewart. The two-disc release will be available to own from the 1st March next year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $26.99. I'm afraid Warner has yet to release details on extra material, but we can tell you that the film will be presented in 1.37:1 along with an English Mono track. We'll bring you further details very shortly. For now though, here's the artwork: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5383&n=1&burl=
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jasper_window

Best Buy Bonus Discs

Best Buy stores once again have locked up a couple of exclusive deals with two major upcoming DVD releases. Next week's release of the Top Gun: Collector's Edition from Paramount comes with bonus disc featuring "Best of the Best: Inside the Real Top Gun" featurette, while DreamWorks' December 28th release of Anchorman (Extended Unrated Version) will come with a "Breaking News" bonus disc containing extra deleted scenes, outtakes and more. The discs will be available while supplies last.

I Don't Know Jack (Nance)

Next Step Studios and Had To Be Made Films will re-release David Lynch Presents... I Don't Know Jack as a two-disc "Movie-Music Edition" on January 11th. The 90-minute documentary profiles character actor Jack Nance (Eraserhead, Twin Peaks) with a look at his eccentric career, his destructive alcoholism and, ultimately, his odd death. Extras include a 22-minute unsolved homicide documentary and a photo montage tribute. This set will also include a bonus soundtrack CD featuring Brantley Kearns and Rick Shea with new songs by Adam Harding and Richard Green. Retail is $14.98.

bonanzataz

danger: diabolik

was supposed to be released in july, but that never happened. anybody know the story behind this? i searched on google and couldn't find any info.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Alethia

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardwholly effin shit, looky whats comin out on january the twenty fifth

Guess you didn't read about it when I posted it on the previous page.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

haha guess not.  i just knew i was gonna get called on it too.  oh well, my links easier to get to for those who havent read it yet.

modage

for ebeaman and eward...

Title: Stand By Me
Released: 22nd March 2005
SRP: $24.96

Further Details
Early details have begun to emerge on a new collector's edition of Stand By Me which stars Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell, Kiefer Sutherland and John Cusack. The new edition of this Rob Reiner directed film, will arrive in shops from the 22nd March, priced at around $24.96. The two-disc package will include the CD soundtrack, a collectible booklet along with a director's commentary, a Walking the Tracks: The Summer of Stand By Me featurette, a music video and more. We hope to bring you further details on this one, including a look at the artwork, shortly. Make sure you stay tuned for that.