Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Robyn

Quote from: Reelist on August 29, 2011, 11:50:32 AM
That's an awesome cover. Yeah, I'm gonna be blowing out my speakers with this later today...

Yes, that cover is fantastic. What is it?

Jeremy Blackman

It's the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album. It's actually kind of horrible.

Robyn

Ah! Well, Stadium Arcadium wasn't that great either.

Reel

I like it! the more you guys dislike it will just make me like it more, MUAHAHAHAHA.

seriously though, I tried to play the second cd from Stadium Arcadium at a party the other night and people were like "can you turn this shit off?" like it was wrecking their vibe. I have a lot of personal connection to that album, it's definitely my favorite of their's. Maybe it's just navel-gazing music. I guess that's what I'm into.

O.

Quote from: walrus, the on August 08, 2011, 04:44:15 PM

Wormrot - Dirge

Anyone else at Xixax into grindcore much?  Either way, this is probably my favorite new grind record of this year, coming out of Singapore.  They also put on one hell of a show.

I used to think it was OK, but in the end it all proved [to me] to be extreme undisciplined bouts of erraticness and noise. This is the sort of stuff I would prefer in its place.

If you're interested in .
superb

squints

jesus that just about destroyed my speakers.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

O.

superb

RegularKarate

sorry for the big image.

O.

Band: Junius
Album: The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist
Song:

superb

Reel

you guys like bands with cool album covers. That's all

The Perineum Falcon

This record makes me happy.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

pete

made friends with a band called The Lumineers. Love their live shows.

I hope this video I found can relay that energy:

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

O.

Band: Is Tropical
Song:

The image is for lack of an album, or at least that I could find. It's life-threateningly serious. My favorite part of the video is where they all kill each other repeatedly and all walk away in the end like it doesn't matter.

Quote from: pete on October 14, 2011, 04:07:32 AM
made friends with a band called The Lumineers. Love their live shows.

I hope this video I found can relay that energy:

I like, I like.
superb

squints

That video is rad. Thanks for sharing.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza