Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Rihanna:

"Umbrella, ella, ella"

Coldplay:

"Para, para, paradise... para, para, paradise"

squints

Hi-Fly - Beats Vol. 1

-for those into Dilla and the like, this is hot shit.

Exhibit A:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reel

Mayer Hawthorne

Cracker can sing

72teeth

cracker can deejay too! he played a motown nite at this bar in sf that made me dance for like 3 hours straight... goodtimes
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

O.

Artist: Kiss The Anus Of A Black Cat
Album: Hewers Of Wood And Drawers Of Water

Listen to . You'll be surprised how good it is considering your apprehensions after reading the band name.
superb

squints

Quote from: O on December 10, 2011, 11:46:17 PM
Listen to . You'll be surprised how good it is considering your apprehensions after reading the band name.

Seriously?

"TRINITY!!!!! TRINITY!!!!!"

"THE GREEN GREEN HOUSE!!!!"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

In heavy rotation for me lately:

Ernesto Djedje - Le Roi du Ziglibithy

.  If you dig it, then you would really find the rest of the album to your liking.  It's a mix of Ivory Coast and Congolese rhythms blended well together.  Very chill and dancy at the same time.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

O.

Artist: Drudkh
Album: Blood In Our Wells

Quote from: squints on December 11, 2011, 04:05:41 AM
Quote from: O on December 10, 2011, 11:46:17 PM

Seriously?

"TRINITY!!!!! TRINITY!!!!!"

"THE GREEN GREEN HOUSE!!!!"

I didn't actually follow along with the lyrics because they're Belgians singing in English. The singing and music is nice.
superb

RegularKarate

Youth Lagoon: The Year of Hibernation

(in constant rotation despite not being able to understand the lyrics at all)

squints

i really dig that album, but that poor soul is one of the ugliest human beings i've ever seen.
http://pitchfork.com/tv/tunnelvision/1823-youth-lagoon/

RegularKarate

I wish I had never seen that.  I pictured a beautiful lady.

edit: almost makes me like it more in a strange way though.

pete

two ladies I worked with this year:

Wolf Larsen:

http://wolflarsen.bandcamp.com/album/quiet-at-the-kitchen-door
it's a pretty quietly epic record. This girl and her guitar and a lot of strings.

and Y La Bamba:

check out a few videos they'd done:
http://intothewoods.tv/mfnw/episode-3
http://player.vimeo.com/video/10834451
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Perineum Falcon

i HIGHLY recommend this.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Neil

The caps there really hit me hard, so I'm listening to it now.

Quite interesting.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.