Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Pedro

Quote from: walrus, the on June 23, 2011, 03:00:21 AM
Kid Rock was a definite inspiration for his rap group Shitzu, with such tracks as "I'm A Man" and "Muff Divin."
http://www.myspace.com/shitzutheband
Listening to it now.

Stefen

Quote from: Pedro on June 26, 2011, 04:21:10 PM
Quote from: walrus, the on June 23, 2011, 03:00:21 AM
Kid Rock was a definite inspiration for his rap group Shitzu, with such tracks as "I'm A Man" and "Muff Divin."
http://www.myspace.com/shitzutheband
Listening to it now.

LOL.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I almost posted this in the "this is a really good song" thread, but it's not really good.  It's a fun pop tune, I'm sure I'll forget it in time, but it's really catchy and I like her voice enough to enjoy it and who knows, maybe it'll grow into something more to me.  But after listening to their other music, I can't really get into them enough.  Point being, the guys in the band are cheesy enough to make me feel like I'd have a chance with the girls, who are very pretty.

Also worth noting, a friend showed it to me, I didn't mind it.  Looking it up, I recognize that it's a new pop act, though he told me they'd been around for a while.  I guess 2007 is a while?  I liked the song and lack the capacity to watch cable, but after talking to him later about where he heard of this band, he said "It was in a car commercial!  It was so good, I love that commercial!"  So somehow, even not having cable, I am connected to this world.  One way or another.  

I apologize for how lame the video tries to be and is but not in the way it wants to be kitschy.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

I remember it being an iPod commercial.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ok, some sort of product.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alexandro

fantastic from start to finish.

Alexandro

Shabazz Palaces - Black Up

this is the best hip hop album I've listened in a while.

Ravi

squints

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch the Throne
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Wormrot - Dirge

Anyone else at Xixax into grindcore much?  Either way, this is probably my favorite new grind record of this year, coming out of Singapore.  They also put on one hell of a show.

mogwai

Reel

That's an awesome cover. Yeah, I'm gonna be blowing out my speakers with this later today...

socketlevel

Sorry to say it, but they're so tired these days.
the one last hit that spent you...

Reel

I'll always like 'em. Anthony Kiedis is like, one of the best lyricists out. Call me old fashioned, but I'm digging what a lot of big 90's bands have been puttin out now.

mogwai