Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Pubrick

I get a chemical brothers vibe from their choice of font.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Not a big fan of the band, really, but "Holdin On To Black Metal" by My Morning Jacket is amazing.

It also proves my theory that you're not a serious band until you record with a children's choir.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Reelist on June 05, 2011, 01:45:58 PM
thx I rly like them. That cover rules, I get a Butthole surfers vibe on this album, do you?
n/p. Not too familiar with the buttholes, but if that works for you, glad it's so.

Have you heard Cults?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cronopio 2

cronopio 2

the antlers - burst apart

i was a big fan of Hospice, but this is a different album.  No Widows is such a cinematic, atmospheric, badass song.
i recommend it immensely, especially to people who get all analytical about what they hear (or see, or eat ) like JB or GT .

RegularKarate

Yeah, it took a few listens, but I really like Burst Apart.  I saw them a week or so ago and they are such a great live act.

Stefen

Hospice made me want to kill myself. In a good way, but it was just too dayum much and I can't really revisit that album very often.

Looking forward to hearing the new one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cronopio 2

i think i'm going to start calling Burst Apart "The King of Limbs" instead.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopio 2 on June 17, 2011, 07:17:37 PM
i think i'm going to start calling Burst Apart "The King of Limbs" instead.

And lets start calling The King of Limbs "The  Disappointment" instead.
under the paving stones.

squints

Man i grew up listening to buddy holly and there've been a ton of "tribute" albums and i wouldn't say this one is the best but there's some gold on here. Julian Casablanca's version of "Rave On" doesn't really hold a candle to M. Ward's but whatevs.
Lou Reed's version of "Peggy Sue" sounds like he woke up from a heroin coma in a bathtub and just decided to record a song.
Kid rock......yeah......

but!

Modest Mouse's version of "That'll Be the Day" is fucking incredible.
My Morning Jacket's "True Love Ways" The Black Keys "Dearest" She & Him's "Oh Boy!" are all fantastic.
But, of course, the real gem here is Fiona and Jon's "Everyday" so so so so so good.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeremy Blackman

QuoteKID ROCK

Invalidated.

Stefen

Remember how big a fan of Kid Rock GodDamnImTheMan was? haha.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Kid Rock was a definite inspiration for his rap group Shitzu, with such tracks as "I'm A Man" and "Muff Divin."
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

john

Spent the morning listening to the Gillian Welch album followed by the new Fucked Up album.

It's been a very good morning.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

pete

I saw Fiona Apple do an entire set of Buddy Holly and Patsy Cline covers, jazzed up.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton