Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

I'm also listening to the new Okkervil River.
Do you like it?  I really don't.  Some parts are just downright ugly.  I'm probably missing something?  I give them the benefit of the doubt. 

modage

I love it actually. On repeat all weekend. It's weird because I know it's not going to mean as much to me as The Stage Names did, but I'm not disappointed at all.  Maybe The Stand-In's bridged the gap of expectations and now I'm just really loving what they're doing now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

That's really good to hear.  I trust that my opinion could change, I was just really turned off at first so it will take some time to give it a fair chance again. 

For now I need something to keep me awake so it's The Knife - Silent Shout. 

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on April 23, 2011, 04:43:29 PM
I love it actually. On repeat all weekend. It's weird because I know it's not going to mean as much to me as The Stage Names did, but I'm not disappointed at all.  Maybe The Stand-In's bridged the gap of expectations and now I'm just really loving what they're doing now.

Are you ordering the deluxe version complete with engraved wooden box?  :shock:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Myxo

Been listening to both of these obsessively since they were released in early April.

TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

cinemanarchist

Man Man - Life Fantastic

Downloaded this and Tyler's Goblin yesterday and I've listened to this twice as much...but that could be due to the fact that I'm at work. I always really like a few Man Man songs per album, but this one is fantastic from start to finish.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

RegularKarate

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on May 05, 2011, 02:17:03 PM
I always really like a few Man Man songs per album, but this one is fantastic from start to finish.

I think you meant that this is the first one where only a few tracks are good.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Best of the year for me.  It could potentially be outdone, since there is another half to the year, but a rejoining of two of my favorite artists merits this much excitement:

For those of you who are revolting at the very sound of Merzbow or aren't into the far more accessible Boris, fear not, this album isn't nearly as harsh as either have proven they can get.  It can get noisy, but it's psychedelic and ambient, and it leads to a marvelous blend.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

^I'm listening to it now. It's basically Boris, who are awesome, but made worse with the inclusion of Merzbow.  :(
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Stefen has spoken.

Stefen

hah, no I like it. It's the best Merzbow I've ever heard.  :bravo:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

The Masked Mauraders LP
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection