Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

for petes sake

Quote from: JG on April 04, 2011, 08:50:03 AM

This is stunningly good.  Like, holy crap this might be better than Person Pitch, good.

squints

Quote from: for petes sake on April 06, 2011, 10:21:18 PM

This is stunningly good.  Like, holy crap this might be better than Person Pitch, good.

dunno about that, its really good...but they are both pretty different.
Last Night at the Jetty is magical
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

diggler

How is that Hanna soundtrack mod? I've heard good things but I'm always weary when a big electronic act attempts a soundtrack. Tron was disappointingly generic for me, does this one need a remix album to not suck?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Reel

you guys prolly think my taste is so "ordinary"

This rocks tho  :twisted:

JG

I've sort of danced around becoming a Bill Callahan fan for a while now, liking a few of his songs without digging into his oeuvre. I think I should become a fan.

socketlevel

Quote from: Reelist on April 10, 2011, 04:29:01 AM
you guys prolly think my taste is so "ordinary"

This rocks tho  :twisted:

Naw it's cool. I think everlong is one of the greatest rock tracks ever written. But i generally find them hit and miss, more on the miss side.  How's this album?
the one last hit that spent you...

Reel

I'm really into the first two tracks, the third one kinda lost me, and I haven't given the rest of it a thorough enough listen to really say, but man it's got some crunchy grooves on it. Pretty much a typical FF album that's got a couple of hits and some filler. I do kinda have problems with Grohl's songwriting, it seems like he should let other people collaborate on it sometimes, but I really respect his choice to get Butch Vig and Pat Smear back on board for this, and for recording it on analog, as all bands should.

RegularKarate

socketlevel

Quote from: Reelist on April 13, 2011, 01:28:37 PM
I'm really into the first two tracks, the third one kinda lost me, and I haven't given the rest of it a thorough enough listen to really say, but man it's got some crunchy grooves on it. Pretty much a typical FF album that's got a couple of hits and some filler. I do kinda have problems with Grohl's songwriting, it seems like he should let other people collaborate on it sometimes, but I really respect his choice to get Butch Vig and Pat Smear back on board for this, and for recording it on analog, as all bands should.

wow butch vig, that's taking it back to his roots.

ya the thing i hated most about foo fighter albums after the 3rd was the production. It just became arena rock, gotta have some analog fuzz.

the song writing got tired too, i think stacked actors was the last song i really enjoyed by them. and that's going back further then a decade.
the one last hit that spent you...

cronopio 2

i love it. it's like a decent version of those awful isobel/mark lanegan albums.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Reelist on April 13, 2011, 10:57:19 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on April 13, 2011, 01:41:56 PM
Quote from: Reelist on April 13, 2011, 01:28:37 PM
man it's got some crunchy grooves on it.

gross

Yeah, people really say that shit.  I assumed you were saying it non-ironically. 

Reel

never! I totally share cartman's viewpoint on hippies, smoking weed's cool tho.