Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

modage

Not really into Arctic Monkeys but I like this (soundtrack by singer Alex Turner).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

Quote from: squints on March 22, 2011, 10:23:28 PM
Battles - Ice Cream

sounds like a 311 song

i still like it
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

modage

Track 1 has 2 terrible skips in it, the rest of it sounds good.  Stefen/Earth, please LMK when a better rip is available...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I'm on it. Like shrimps on a tug boat. So far nothing. I've kind of fallen out of love with music (and back in love with cinema) the last year, but this is one of the few albums I've been anticipating.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Jeremy Blackman

That's funny... I just heard this remix on the Guardian's Music Weekly podcast the other day and loved it. I have to check out the album.

Stefen

Plan B - The Defamation Of Strickland Banks

I'm really feeling this album. I heard a song off this on the soundtrack to Fight Night Champion for 360 and fell in love with it and downloaded the whole album and I think it's really good. I love the whole soul/Motown thing going on with it. Don't really care for the rapping parts. I had no idea it was the same person doing to the singing and the rapping.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

TV On The Radio - Nine Types Of Light

for petes sake

Quote from: modage on March 28, 2011, 11:54:04 AM

While the sound of this album is beautiful, aren't the lyrics pretty awkward this time around?  It's like every song Robin Pecknold is hitting you with a thematic sledgehammer to the face.

Stefen

Quote from: for petes sake on March 30, 2011, 03:39:55 PM
Quote from: modage on March 28, 2011, 11:54:04 AM

While the sound of this album is beautiful, aren't the lyrics pretty awkward this time around?  It's like every song Robin Pecknold is hitting you with a thematic sledgehammer to the face.

haha yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. The songwriting is really bad and just, embarrassing, really.

Still, that voice...

polkablues

I got over Fleet Foxes pretty quickly.  J Tillman's solo stuff is still the shit, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

JG

RegularKarate

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche