Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

modage

What ever happened to The Strokes?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cinemanarchist

I listened to it this morning and have already forgotten it, though, to be fair I've felt that way about most of their stuff. Some of it was catchy but that's about as far as I'd go.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

polkablues

There was only so long that they could keep writing that same song over and over.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

tpfkabi

hmm, that cover reminds me of the artist who does Okkervil River's artwork.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

polkablues

This is probably another example of my wildly different taste in music than most of the people here, but this album really is fucking great.  Great songs, a lot more mature than their first album, and lots of experimentation with different instruments and sounds, without ever getting weird for the sake of weird.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

Quote from: squints on March 04, 2011, 09:23:54 PM
^

Yeah its pretty good but ambivalence avenue was gold. there are a couple times on this new one where i'm going "Wtf is he doing here?" not in a good way.

yea there is this random power rock song in the middle of the album that sticks out like a sore thumb. i find myself humming it now and again, it's catchy as hell. ambivalence avenue was better but how do you follow up such a classic album? this one is still really good.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Reel

The Kills- Satellite

squints

Blackbird Blackbird - Halo LP
http://blackbirdblackbird.bandcamp.com/

Its free! and the first track is killer.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cinemanarchist

diggler

kind of a surf vibe on this one, i'm enjoying it more than his other solo albums so far.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

cinemanarchist

Quote from: ddiggler on March 22, 2011, 04:50:03 PM

kind of a surf vibe on this one, i'm enjoying it more than his other solo albums so far.

I think he's touring with some surf band as well.

squints

Battles - Ice Cream

which reminded me of how fucking awesome this song is
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche