Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Neil

Internet five. I agree with you on this one  Check the "So far this year lps version," i know you'll have something relevant to add.

To me Todd Snider is one of the best things out. For proof check these out.  Fucking brilliant

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

Finally got around to listening to this and it's really solid. Nothing new really but there isn't a weak track on the whole thing. Castles in the snow is one of my favorite songs of the year.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

cronopio 2

i love this band so much.

squints

I have partied with those guys. Played one show with them in Kansas. i gotta say i'm not a fan of their music.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pozer

JG

good friends of mine just put out this record. really great stuff! available on itunes today.

http://www.myspace.com/delicatesteve

tpfkabi

there must be something about the last week of january and the music biz.

i remember a few years ago three or so albums/bands i liked came out (at that time i know shins and of montreal) the same tuesday.

this tuesday Destroyer, Iron & Wine, and Deerhoof put out albums.
i like cake and decemberists, too, the prior two weeks.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

RegularKarate

squints

which one is that? cause i've been gettin off to his shit for a bit now, like klavierwerke an cmyk
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Quote from: squints on January 27, 2011, 09:18:09 PM
which one is that? cause i've been gettin off to his shit for a bit now, like klavierwerke an cmyk

self titled LP

polkablues

Rootsy and smooth.  Not ambitious like Hazards of Love, but chock full of catchy and memorable songs.  I like it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cronopio 2

The thing i can't stand about the decemberists is Colin Meloy's voice. he sounds like an adult goat who's trying to bring sense to humanity.
i am still listening to Destroyer's Kaputt. What a masterpiece.
check this article out: http://www.thefader.com/2011/01/18/feature-destroyers-battle-hymns-for-the-republics/

squints

Quote from: RegularKarate on January 27, 2011, 05:49:59 PM

wow i just started listening to this and what an album.
this is great stuff

SiliasRuby

Billy Joel-Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and 2-Vinyl
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection