Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

Myxo

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on November 25, 2005, 03:22:11 PM
I guess Mickey Rooney is working again.

jiminy jillikers, jiminy jillikers, jiminy jillikers!
under the paving stones.

72teeth

imdb:

Keith Andes Dies

Tora! Tora! Tora! star Keith Andes was found dead in his Santa Clarita, California home earlier this month. He was 85. The Los Angeles County coroner's office has ruled the actor's death was suicide by asphyxiation. His longtime friend Marshall LaPlante confirmed the New Jersey-born actor had been suffering from cancer of the bladder. The New Jersey-born actor launched his film career after Hollywood studio head Darryl F. Zanuck saw him performing in the Broadway, New York production of Winged Victory and offered him a role in the film version of the play in 1944. Andes spent four decades on the big screen, with roles as Marilyn Monroe's leading man in 1952's Clash By Night, The Farmer's Daughter in 1947 and Tora! Tora! Tora! in 1970. On the small screen, he starred opposite Glynis Johns in the 1963 Sitcom Glynis and police drama The Man Dawson. Andes is survived by his two sons Mark and Matt and his grandson Ryan. 
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Brazoliange

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Stan Berenstain, who with his wife created the popular children's books about the Berenstain Bears, has died.

:yabbse-thumbdown:
Long live the New Flesh

MacGuffin

Actress Sperber Loses Breast Cancer Fight

Actress Wendie Jo Sperber, who starred opposite Tom Hanks on TV's "Bosom Buddies" and who in his words became "a walking inspiration" after she contracted cancer, has died. She was 46.

Sperber died at home Tuesday after an eight-year battle with breast cancer, publicist Jo-Ann Geffen said Wednesday.

A Los Angeles native, Sperber appeared in dozens of television shows and movies, including all three "Back to the Future" films.

After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997, the actress became an advocate for cancer care. In 2001, she founded the weSPARK Cancer Support Center, which provides free emotional support, information and social activities for individuals and families affected by cancer.

Sperber helped unveil and promote a breast cancer stamp for the U.S. Postal Service in 1998, Geffen said.

"The memory of Wendie Jo is that of a walking inspiration," Hanks said in a statement. "She met the challenges of her illness with love, cheer, joy and altruism. We are going to miss her as surely as we are all better for knowing her."

Sperber is survived by a son and daughter, her parents, two sisters and a brother.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Ouch.

From CNN.com:

BREAKING NEWS:   Comedian Richard Pryor has died. He was 65.

hedwig

72teeth

yup...and then he'd say, "Your the best Garam!"...too bad he's dead....
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

RegularKarate

Garam, shut the fuck up.

You called him "Superman III's Richard Pryor" in that other thread.

This is a sad day indeed.  One of the greatest comics to ever live.

Garam

Quote from: RegularKarate on December 10, 2005, 05:01:59 PM
Garam, shut the fuck up.

Yes, I did. It's called a joke. I was highlighting the worst thing he's ever been in as the pinnacle of his fantastic career. Joke.

Jesus, you people are uptight.

cine

Quote from: Garam on December 10, 2005, 05:04:19 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on December 10, 2005, 05:01:59 PM
Garam, shut the fuck up.

Yes, I did. It's called a joke. I was highlighting the worst thing he's ever been in as the pinnacle of his fantastic career. Joke.

Jesus, you people are uptight.

no garam, you tried to justify him having his own tribute thread, yet all you did was mock superman 3. so you looked like an idiot making the thread. but thats okay, you are an idiot.

picolas

Quote from: Cinephile on December 10, 2005, 06:09:22 PMno garam, you tried to justify him having his own tribute thread, yet all you did was mock superman 3.
i think he also tried to justify him having his own tribute thread.

pete

dudes, chill out and mourn richard's death in relative peace.  garam made an unfunny joke, but all that jumping on him was kinda unnecessary.
my favorite pryor joke was when he talked about fighting with his wife and he said "Imma go out and find myself some new pussy" to which his wife replied"a few more inches of dick you can find some new pussy right here."  that was just amazing.
most moving pryor moment was when he retired the N word.  what a tremendous moment.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

imago get some milk and cookies.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.