this is scandalous, not that godawful song, the thread

Started by Pas, September 15, 2005, 05:57:31 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ono
Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: onoColdplay is beautiful (I'd be hard pressed to think of a more poignant or epic song than A Rush of Blood to the Head
if you ever heard ashcroft's "check the meaning" then you will feel embarrased for making that statement.  people in the know, know what i mean.
Hardly.  I am, however, partial to A Song For The Lovers.

ha!  i thought about saying that one but cmon man, check the meaning is more epic imo.

polkablues

Quote from: squintsIt's been a long day and I hate the fuckin' eagles

I don't know if it's the new avatar or what, but I suddenly find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with you.  "Desperado" literally makes me ill.
My house, my rules, my coffee

The Perineum Falcon

I use to like the Eagles almost as much as I used to like Creed.

Hell Freezes Over? Oh yeah, my family wore that tape out. :wink:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Reinhold

Quote from: squintsIt's been a long day and I hate the fuckin' eagles

get the fuck out of my cab.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pedro

I think that Steely Dan might be the greatest band of the 1970s.

72teeth

Quote from: raneHell Freezes Over? Oh yeah, my family wore that tape out. :wink:

Same here with Hotel California. Dad had cancer and would demand that we'd play that all the time...My sister could sing the album front to back at age 5...good memories from a painful time....

Dad survived b.t.w...minus a nad...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

Quote from: 72teeth...My sister could sing the album front to back at age 5...
is she into satan now
under the paving stones.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

NEON MERCURY

if you own and currently listen to any of these bands/artists then you have no right to post negative things about ayone's taste in music:

three doors down
the calling
puddle of mud
good charlotte
simple plan
b2k
michelle branch
jesse mccartney
ryan cabrera
stained
john mayer
dashboard confessional
crossfade
yellowcard
slipknot
mudvayne
...anything that could be considered techno music

ono

Quote from: NEON MERCURYmichelle branch
I think you're confusing her with Vanessa Carlton.

polkablues

Quote from: ono
Quote from: NEON MERCURYmichelle branch
I think you're confusing her with Vanessa Carlton.

Yeah, Michelle Branch isn't so bad.  She's the American Natalie Imbruglia.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reinhold

d'you think natalie imburglia will make the milf list in 20 years? ... we'll probably still be here in 20 years. probably on this thread, too
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

hedwig

Quote from: NEON MERCURYif you own and currently listen to any of these bands/artists then you have no right to post negative things about ayone's taste in music:

simple plan

once i was talking to this girl and she asked me if i listened to Simple Plan.... i said "never heard of them" (which was true) and she said "really? theyre probably the most hardcore band i know."

Weird. Oh

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: NEON MERCURYif you own and currently listen to any of these bands/artists then you have no right to post negative things about ayone's taste in music:

simple plan

once i was talking to this girl and she asked me if i listened to Simple Plan.... i said "never heard of them" (which was true) and she said "really? theyre probably the most hardcore band i know."

I suppose wearing black dickie shorts year-round would be considered hardcore by some...
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

life_boy

Quote from: Hedwigonce i was talking to this girl and she asked me if i listened to Simple Plan.... i said "never heard of them" (which was true) and she said "really? theyre probably the most hardcore band i know."

The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie band...