top 5-10 favorite bands/solo artists right now

Started by Ernie, February 27, 2003, 10:23:44 AM

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiRed House Painters

They are really great!!!

Ghostboy

Just some shameless plugging going on here: we 'stole' a Sigur Ros song for a teaser trailer for a film we're working on. Check it out at www.deadroom.moonfruit.com. If nothing else, it proves that Sigur Ros should be on more movie soundtracks...they go great with moving pictures.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: GhostboyJust some shameless plugging going on here: we 'stole' a Sigur Ros song for a teaser trailer for a film we're working on. Check it out at www.deadroom.moonfruit.com. If nothing else, it proves that Sigur Ros should be on more movie soundtracks...they go great with moving pictures.

Look at Vanilla Sky. There musik were so awfully used. There musikvideos are moving enough. But i agree if you are making your own, non commercial-film, there musik can really add some melancolly.

Btw. That teaser looks cool and "yes" the musik gives me the impression that this is a moving picture :-D

joke08

what was the topic again?

sigur ros is great, we play them on my college station all the time,
that and God Speed. a good pick up line for a college radio girl is,
"hey, i've got God Speed you black emporer on vinyl."
but i hate college radio girls.

or they hate me, something like that.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

bonanzataz

Quote from: xerxes
Quote from: bonanzataz
Insane Clown Posse

shame on you

Eminem fan?

I only recently pulled out their album from loooong retirement. It's about ready to go back now.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sigur Rós

Quote from: joke08what was the topic again?

sigur ros is great, we play them on my college station all the time,
that and God Speed. a good pick up line for a college radio girl is,
"hey, i've got God Speed you black emporer on vinyl."
but i hate college radio girls.

or they hate me, something like that.

Hey what about "hey, i've got Sigur Rós on vinyl." wouldn't that one work? Or maybe you would end up with the college-radio boys :cry:

Chester Chaplin

1. Radiohead
2. Sigur-Ros
3. Beck
4. R.E.M.
5. Jeff Buckley

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiNo, how about "Hey, I have Godspeed You! Black Emperor's latest triple vinyl LP". :?

That would work on me! I'm just about ready to take the next boat to sweden :-D

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazMogwai. Your avatar scared me. A lot.

<------------------I'm taking care of it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

joke08

the radio girls like sigur ros, too, except they aren't as impressed as say, if you were friends with the guy from bright eyes. that would really make them drool. but those girls have bad hair cuts anyway.

just watched high fidelity again.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

moonshiner

a lot of Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Sparklehorse
Bad Astronaut
Pete Yorn - his version of Springsteen's New York City Serenade (ooh New York City imagery)
the Roots new album

Quote from: Sigur Rosmogwai wrote:
Red House Painters

They are really great!!!

Reminds me to pick up my RHP cd from my buddy.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Sigur Rós

Quote from: moonshiner
Reminds me to pick up my RHP cd from my buddy.

Cool...

Guys here's a couple of bands you have to check out:

bobhund (This is Swedish music. So if you don't like Sweden.Dont bother!)
The Raveonettes (coolest Danish band! curently touring USA)
Kashmir (danish band)

moonshiner

the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

The Silver Bullet

CURRENT TOP FIVE

01. The Beatles
02. Regurgitator
03. Moby
04. Eskimo Joe
05. Aimee Mann
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]