Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Walrus on October 07, 2006, 07:19:04 PM
Do long distance relationships work?

I tend to say no. Polka was right in a few points. Infidelity fears aren't that much greater and you do feel like you get to know the person better. The problem is unless you have a plan to be together in less than a year you're likely fucked. If it begins on the net, its even harder because it takes a while to put trust and confidence into someone to completely change your life around. So likely things just stall out and people go separate ways.

socketlevel

Quote from: Walrus on October 07, 2006, 07:19:04 PM
Do long distance relationships work?

nope never do, not since the 1950s.  ask any soldier that's gone to war and they'll tell ya, it just doesn't work.  bottom line is people don't like to be left to their thoughts so they branch out eventually.

to all my haters, i'm back like a heart attack!
the one last hit that spent you...

Pubrick

Quote from: socketlevel on October 21, 2006, 08:38:20 PM
to all my haters, i'm back like a heart attack!
i don't think anyone noticed you were gone, or hated you.

your new posts might change the latter.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: Thrindle on October 07, 2006, 09:41:59 PM
Truth is, nothing is better than being picked out of a crowd, and a confident guy comes up and says, "Hey, I'm ________ " and then segues into a good convo.  You've already made her feel special...

That's pretty true when it comes to (f)ugly chicks.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pas Rap on October 22, 2006, 11:07:01 AM

anyone who uses the word "fugly" is bound to lead a lonely life.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 22, 2006, 12:27:56 PManyone who uses the word "fugly" is bound to lead a lonely life.

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 07, 2003, 11:05:09 AMTara Reid is fugly, IMO.

:shock:

Well, damn, that explains a lot.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

Truth is, nothing is better than being picked out of a crowd, and a confident guy comes up and says, "Hey, I'm ________ " and then segues into a good convo.  You've already made her feel special...

Thanks asshole.   :roll: 
So tell me... what's your strategy then? 
Classic.

polkablues

Quote from: Thrindle on October 22, 2006, 05:16:47 PM

Beat down their self-esteem until they believe that they can't do any better.  All the assholes I know swear by it.   :yabbse-thumbup:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Well I don't know what my strategy is but a hot lady in her twenties won't feel special and think ''wow HE picked ME !'' unless you're Chamilionnaire or some other rich jerk.

as for the fugly comment, I don't get it.

Thrindle

Quote from: Pas Rap on October 22, 2006, 07:01:16 PM

Well I don't know what my strategy is but a hot lady in her twenties won't feel special and think ''wow HE picked ME !'' unless you're Chamilionnaire or some other rich jerk.

as for the fugly comment, I don't get it.
It's not about "wow he picked me"... it's more like, "Holy, this guy might actually be worth talking to.  So far he's looked me in the eye like I have a brain, and he's not just pretty to look at.  Hmmm...  a guy that commands respect... I like it!"  :bravo:
Classic.

Pubrick

Quote from: Thrindle on October 22, 2006, 07:48:02 PM
So far he's looked me in the eye like I have a brain, and he's not just pretty to look at. 
anyone can fake that.

if you want to know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss. that's where it is.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Pubrick on October 23, 2006, 07:04:49 AM
So far he's looked me in the eye like I have a brain, and he's not just pretty to look at. 
anyone can fake that.

if you want to know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss. that's where it is.

Good song but I agree with Thrindle....

matt35mm

It's not about "wow he picked me"... it's more like, "Holy, this guy might actually be worth talking to.  So far he's looked me in the eye like I have a brain, and he's not just pretty to look at.  Hmmm...  a guy that commands respect... I like it!"  :bravo:
Wait, so he has to be pretty to begin with?

LAME.

polkablues

Quote from: matt35mm on October 23, 2006, 01:03:28 PM
Wait, so he has to be pretty to begin with?

LAME.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Thrindle

Classic.