The Black List (Scripts)

Started by cinemanarchist, December 19, 2010, 11:52:25 AM

wilder

this one's a winner too

QuoteRUTHLESS
John Swetnam
After she is diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, a former assassin must carry out one last assignment in order to ensure her daughter's future.

ono

Quote from: wilder on January 05, 2018, 04:41:53 AM
Things from the 2017 Black List loglines I never want to see in movies ever again

-Assassins
-Biopics
-"Changing the course of human history"
-The CIA
-Comas
-Drug smuggling 
-The Mafia
-The CIA
-Multiple personality disorder as a plot engine
-Murder as a plot engine
-A "new appreciation for life" as a climax
-"One last assignment"
-Serial killers
-Terminal illness used as a plot device
-True stories
-The CIA

Edit - oh, ono had this covered
Yes, but your list sums it up oh so succinctly!  :yabbse-thumbup:

I haven't used that emoticon in beards.  I missed it.

The thing is, most people are simple, so I get why they like those things and why most writers put them in movies.  The Black List is all encompassing, and not exactly "artsy".  So it's a challenge to find "good" stuff in there.

Velysai

Quote from: ono on December 12, 2017, 10:50:33 PM
Get 'em while they're hot! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jS4mKHouACLMvp1W7P1KqSTjnH-URAlw

ono, would you happen to have a folder for the 2016 list? I didn't see it posted. Thanks for the others. :yabbse-thumbup:

And hello, all. New to the forum. Just happened to run across this tonight. :waving:

ono

Quote from: wilder on January 05, 2018, 04:58:37 AM
this one's a winner too

QuoteRUTHLESS
John Swetnam
After she is diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, a former assassin must carry out one last assignment in order to ensure her daughter's future.
A little late, but... please tell me one of the characters is named Ruth.

Quote from: Velysai on February 02, 2018, 02:12:44 AM
ono, would you happen to have a folder for the 2016 list? I didn't see it posted. Thanks for the others. :yabbse-thumbup:

And hello, all. New to the forum. Just happened to run across this tonight. :waving:
2016 Black List  I, Tonya and The Post are both there!

Welcome!

Velysai

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Robyn

Alethia

Scanning the opening pages of Harry's All Night Hamburgers and I'll be damned if I'm not charmed. I may just read the whole thing!

ono