David Lynch - Artist

Started by MacGuffin, October 28, 2003, 11:49:01 AM

Reinhold

Quote from: gob on March 05, 2007, 01:30:17 AM
Cool. I definitely have to go at some point. I've kinda turned into a Lynch fanboy at the moment.

how can somebody be a momentary lynch fanboy?

if you get his films and they don't stick with you, you're seriously fucked in the head.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 02, 2007, 12:21:11 PM
From camera to canvas: David Lynch art show opens in Paris

more pics from that....

Pubrick

i wish i could make furniture.
under the paving stones.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

FRANCE HONOURS DAVID LYNCH 'GENIUS'

PARIS, Oct 1, 2007 (AFP) - Cult US filmmaker David Lynch was awarded France's top honour on Monday by President Nicolas Sarkozy, who praised his eclectic "genius" before a room packed with film stars.

"My French is poor, but my heart is rich today thanks to you," Lynch told the president in halting French after receiving the Legion of Honour.

"It's no secret that I love France, the art-making, art-loving and art-supporting people of France," Lynch continued in English, flanked by his partner Emily Stofle, film director Roman Polanski, and actresses Fanny Ardant and Charlotte Rampling.

"I wish the very best for this great country and for you Mr president I wish you maximum success."

Sarkozy told Lynch that seeing "Elephant Man" as a teenager had "definitively convinced" him that "cinema was a highly important matter."

"I love your way of testing reality to discover the truth behind it," he told the man behind "Sailor and Lula", "Mulholland Drive" and the television series "Twin Peaks".

"I love your way of touching on everything: film, art, photography, even furniture. When I think people here call me the cannibal president, at last I meet a guy who wants to do more than I do!" he quipped.

Sarkozy said he appreciated Lynch's "honesty" and jokingly thanked him for his support despite the fact he was "not sure that you and your friends are one-hundred percent right-wing."

Lynch, who practices transcendental meditation in search of "peace and invincibility", ended the meeting by asking Sarkozy to build a tower of invincibility in Paris.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks