Bad Santa

Started by ShanghaiOrange, April 20, 2003, 10:07:02 PM

Gloria

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: GloriaI heard that Bill Murray dropped out of the project and was later replaced with Billy Bob Thornton.

Yes, Bill Murray was originally attached, but dropped out for unspecified reasons.

Hmmmm.....curious.

Thanks for the confirmation, MacGuffin.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

samuelclemens

can't wait for this fuckin flick....one of the few films to look forward to in this dreary holiday season that's filled with shit.
Stupid babies need the most attention!

picolas

much less excited after seeing the trailer. thanks, trailer!

Gloria

Quote from: governor jimcan't wait for this fuckin flick....one of the few films to look forward to in this dreary holiday season that's filled with shit.

Your getting coal from Santa this christmas if you keep that attitude  :wink:

RegularKarate

Quote from: picolasmuch less excited after seeing the trailer. thanks, trailer!

I'm with Chewing Picolas on this one, however, I think they're just trying to market it as some kind of christmas Problem Child... learning from eachother and what not.

bonanzataz

yeah. after watching that i said to myself, "wait a minute, the guy who made ghost world made this? but this looks so...bad."
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ShanghaiOrange

Richard Linklater directed School Of Rock.
The Coens Bros. directed Intolerable Cruelty.
Both of those had crappy looking previews and ended up being good.
Hell, Kill Bill even looked lame.

Trailers suck these days.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

dnthmn

I saw this preview before Kill Bill and I must say it looks fucking terrible. And stupid. Yup, terrible and stupid.

cine

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeRichard Linklater directed School Of Rock.
The Coens Bros. directed Intolerable Cruelty.
Both of those had crappy looking previews and ended up being good.
Hell, Kill Bill even looked lame.

Trailers suck these days.
Exactly. I'm avoiding this trailer...

Finn

I think the trailer to this looks pretty good, although it makes it look like  Terry Zwigoff is going to rely on a lot of slapstick for comedy. But some physical humor wouldn't be too bad.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Fishbulb

Guys, ignore the horrible trailer and see this movie. It's really good. I saw it last night and you could just sense the uncomfortableness in the audience. It has EXACTLY the same dark humor and pessimistic view of humanity as "Ghost World". You can definitely tell that Terry Zwigoff directed this. This is not a movie for kids; even teenagers probably won't like it because it's not silly enough...it's a very dark, dark, black comedy. There are a few moments of physical comedy, but pretty much everything that's in the trailer is a severely edited version of what's in the real movie. Like Billy Bob actually says "I'm on my fucking lunch break" when that kid interrupts him, and the midget guy says to Bernie Mac "These lips were on your wife's pussy last night.." This movie earned it's R-rating for sure. There's Billy Bob drinking (a lot), cursing at children,  screwing women while dressed in his Santa outfit....the movie it reminded me the most of was Bob Goldthwait's "Shakes the Clown".
I have no idea how they are going to market this movie, because it's really a comedy/drama intended for adults. It's a miracle it even got released. But you definitely shouldn't pass it up because it probably won't be out for long.

Slick Shoes

I was wandering around during my lunch break and this guy asks me if I want to see Bad Santa in 15 minutes (there is a theatre nearby). For a moment, I considered telling my boss I wasn't feeling too hot so I could leave early and slip into the movie.

MacGuffin

DISNEY IS FUMING OVER BILLY BOB THORNTON'S 'BAD SANTA'

After last month’s report that Disney top executives were distancing itself from Quentin Tarantino’s fourth film the blood-filled kung-fu movie, Kill Bill Vol.1, where the enigmatic director told a reporter that … “girl or boy you must go and see KILL BILL and you will have a damn good time.’

Well according to the Drudgereport.com, Disney, who is known for their family friendly movies, is now fuming over the upcoming film ‘Bad Santa,’ from Ghost World Director Terry Zwigoff. A studio source told the news website "Nothing appears sacred any more, this is just not in the spirit of Walt Disney."

Bad Santa is described as a dark comedy starring Billy Bob Thornton as Willie T. Soke a criminal ripping off unsuspecting mall-goers while disguised as a shopping centre Santa. Although the mean spirited character is shown as a tattooed Santa having sex with barmaids, swearing at children and drunkenly wrecking shop displays, he is suppose to have redeeming qualities and evidently find the true meaning of Christmas.

Bad Santa opens next week on Nov. 26.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

That's so sad, Disney needs to get over their fucking image. People will still go see their kids movies, I never even knew Miramax was a subsidiary of Disney. If they try to pull some shit with Bad Santa, I'm gonna be really pissed, because this is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.
WWPTAD?