Bart Got A Room

Started by MacGuffin, February 17, 2009, 11:02:18 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release date: Spring 2009

Starring: William H. Macy, Cheryl Hines, Alia Shawkat, Ashley Benson 

Directed by: Brian Hecker 

Premise: A young boy's misadventures getting a date for the prom while his parents marriage is falling apart.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Gamblour.

Haha, that trailer's not bad. Again, with the hand-drawn 'indie' aesthetic. The gimmicky title is cute enough.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

I was thinking this looked good yesterday and then this morning, I accidentally started imagining the scenes from this trailer as performed by Eugene Levy and Jason Biggs and now it sucks.

Stefen

No way. American Pie was a frat-boy/meathead movie. This flick looks like it has heart.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on February 18, 2009, 02:19:30 PM
No way. American Pie was a frat-boy/meathead movie. This flick looks like it has heart.

Yeah, I know... it's just the stuff between him and his dad is a LOT like the American Pie stuff between Levy and Biggs... I know this will be better and Macy does it really well, I just couldn't get it out my head and started seeing it as an indie-American Pie.

pete

american pie became a meathead movie.  but the guys behind it seem quite sensitive.  I'm not joking at all.  it was like conspiracy theory (the movie) - which came out around the same time - a quirky small idea got blown up by studio excess.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

American Pie had meathead tendencies even before it became a full-blown meathead movie. LaCrosse is like the meathead sport of choice. American Pie is the most overrated teen movie of the 90's. Cant Hardly Wait was 10 times the teen movie American Pie was, but nobody even remembers it -- they just remember American Pie.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Stefen on February 18, 2009, 03:11:49 PM
American Pie had meathead tendencies even before it became a full-blown meathead movie. LaCrosse is like the meathead sport of choice. American Pie is the most overrated teen movie of the 90's. Cant Hardly Wait was 10 times the teen movie American Pie was, but nobody even remembers it -- they just remember American Pie.

Can't Hardly Wait felt like a bad John Hughes rip off. I'll go back to John Hughes before watching that movie again. I like American Pie and consider it better than the average. I think all the sequels lodged the original into dumb territory because one joke in the original became the bad theme of all the others. The sequels essentially had same ideas of the original, but the execution became pretty formulaic.

Stefen

I found the characters in Can't Hardly Wait a lot funnier and realistic than I did anyone in American Pie.

All American Pie had was a bunch of jerks trying to get laid. I don't think American Pie can touch even John Hughes wackest flicks.

I don't recall seeing any of the American Pie sequels and I may be a bit harsh on the first one, but that's only because I think it fucking sucks.