The Son's Room

Started by phil marlowe, February 08, 2003, 10:53:34 AM

phil marlowe

I just saw this flick yesterday and I thought it was real good. It had some of the best acting i've seen in a while but the story seemed to break down with dullness especially in the middle of the film. Maybe it wasn't Palme d'Or worthy but definatly worth the while.

Have anyone seen it?

Gold Trumpet

I saw this recently as well. Like In the Bedroom or the great Apu Trilogy, it focused on life in a world in trying to rid artiface as much as possible and bring up an emotional impact though these people's lives. The thing was though, is that unlike the films I mentioned, it tried to bring in direct symbolism a lot of the time and plot points that was clearly of another movie. I had a hard time getting involved in the world when all I could notice was the obviousness of what the movie was telling me. I never fealt any natural strand of storytelling from the movie and just could never get emotionally involved. It was a movie that had the pacing and focus of something without artiface, but the story brought artiface right back in.

In the Bedroom was the real mastery achievement of its kind for that year, go rent that movie instead.

~rougerum