About PTA's next project...

Started by ElPandaRoyal, October 02, 2003, 09:12:42 AM

ElPandaRoyal

Well, I'm not here to talk about his next movie, unfortunately. But I read on a magazine on sunday that Paul's thinking about returning to Porto, here in Portugal, to shoot the festivities of S. João. And what's that all about? Well, S. João is a night in here where everybody comes out to the street. It's like a huge party outdoors. People go out, some get drunk, some just walk, some go dancing to those old (and most of them fucking horrible) popular songs, some just spend the night walking around, beating other people's heads with plastic hammers (yes, that's right)... It all ends the next morning. It takes place in June the night of 23rd to the 24th every year.

I sure hope this gets confirmed and I run into Paul in the street that night, so I can invite him to get drunk with my buddies and know all about his next film :P
Si

neatahwanta

What magazine?  Can you quote the article or somthing?  Thanks.

Find Your Magali

How cool would it be if PTA did some documentaries on the side, like Scorsese?

Who better to chronicle a night of drunken debauchery?

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteWhat magazine? Can you quote the article or somthing? Thanks.

It's a Portuguese magazine called "Noticias Magazine". I'll try and get my hands to it tonight and see if Ican transcript.
Si

Finn

Wait a minute...where's Portugal??? Crap, I should've stayed in school!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteWait a minute...where's Portugal??? Crap, I should've stayed in school!

Indeed you should... or just go to the fucking map. It's not in Asia...
Si

godardian

If this "adventure" thing has any truth to it: How strange for both wunderkind Andersons to be doing an adventure for their new movie.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

prophet

hes making a movie about my avatar
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Sleuth

I'd like to see a movie on my avatar
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Cecil

Pedro

I don't think so...in cinema scope with some lens flares and quick dolly ins, we could have something with it.

Alethia

guys, i think we can all agree that mine would be the ABSOLUTE best.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: godardianIf this "adventure" thing has any truth to it: How strange for both wunderkind Andersons to be doing an adventure for their new movie.

Both could bring new things into what an adventure film could be. Given previous material, one would likely reveal things about ourselves and the other merely about how architecture and style co exist.

~rougerum