Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore

Started by Tiff, January 12, 2003, 05:34:02 AM

Tiff

I don't know if it's the character of Clarice Starling that somehow infatuates me (In a strictly heterosexual way!), but I love these two actors!! Did anyone get to see "The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys" ?

Tom Cruise and Anthony Hopkins are pretty breathtaking to watch too. Although, I can't say much for Tom in "Minority Report"...
"Shut the fuck up!"

sphinx

Quote from: Tiff basicallyClarice Starling infatuates me in a strictly heterosexual way!

how...how couldn't she infatuate in a strictly h...f...............

once again!

Tiff

"Shut the fuck up!"

ReelHotGames

Dangerous Lives of ALter Boys is good, though i doubt it will arouse you in much the same way, and if it does you're going straight to hell. Hell I say, with a big H... small e... and ah... One big L and on little l in any order. :twisted:
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

MacGuffin

Attraction for Julianne Moore and Pierce Brosnan

Julianne Moore is in final negotiations to star opposite Pierce Brosnan in the romantic comedy Laws of Attraction, which Michael Caton-Jones will direct for Intermedia Films and Stratus Film Co. The project is to begin shooting in mid-July on location in Ireland and New York.

The Hollywood Reporter says the film is about two top divorce lawyers (Moore and Brosnan) who face off in and out of court.

Aline Brosh McKenna and Robert Harling wrote the screenplay.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Moore is quoted on IMDB today:

The Hours star Julianne Moore has slammed actresses who have cosmetic surgery to look younger - because she thinks it stops them looking human. The acclaimed actress insists she'll never go under the surgeon's knife, because it's an obscene way to try to regain your youth. She says, "I think it's insane frankly. We're promoting this idea of a face that doesn't look like a person, and that becomes the standard of beauty, and the people think, 'What's wrong with my face?' I have two kids and I'm at this one place in my life where I don't want to look like I did when I was 22. It wouldn't match where I am in my life. There are things that are more important than how we look."

...once again demonstrating her grace and wisdom.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Julianne Moore is The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio
Source: Variety

Julianne Moore will star in DreamWorks Pictures and Revolution Studios' The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio, which will mark the feature directing debut of Jane Anderson, who also wrote the script.

The fact-based story concerns a mother of 10 who saved her family when she entered and won a contest to think up a song for a commercial product. She then supported her kids by becoming a jingle writer in the 1950s.

DreamWorks has domestic distribution, and Revolution has international.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: godardianMoore is quoted on IMDB today:

The Hours star Julianne Moore has slammed actresses who have cosmetic surgery to look younger - because she thinks it stops them looking human. The acclaimed actress insists she'll never go under the surgeon's knife, because it's an obscene way to try to regain your youth. She says, "I think it's insane frankly. We're promoting this idea of a face that doesn't look like a person, and that becomes the standard of beauty, and the people think, 'What's wrong with my face?' I have two kids and I'm at this one place in my life where I don't want to look like I did when I was 22. It wouldn't match where I am in my life. There are things that are more important than how we look."

...once again demonstrating her grace and wisdom.
I totally agree, with what she has to say.
Quote from: MacGuffinJulianne Moore will star in the DreamWorks Pictures and Revolution Studios' The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio, which will mark the feature directing debut of Jane Anderson, who also wrote the script. The fact based story concerns a mother of 10 who saved her family when she entered and won a contest to think up a song for a commercial product. She then supported her kids by becoming a jingle writer in the 1950's.
Sounds good to me.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

El Duderino

wait, is this forum comparing who's a better Clarice? because if so, i gotta go with Jodie, even though i think Julianne is sooo much hotter and a better actress.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Jodie Foster's Flora Plum Starts Production
Source: Los Angeles Daily News

The Los Angeles Daily News reports that four years after the plug got pulled on Jodie Foster's Flora Plum directorial project - due to the shoulder injury of then-male lead Russell Crowe - the film's production finally got under way last week.

Luc Besson's EuropaCorp is producing and handling international sales on Foster's $24 million project. The film stars Ewan McGregor as a circus freak and Claire Danes as Flora Plum, a penniless girl who joins the circus. Meryl Streep also stars.

Based on a Steven Rogers script, "Plum" has been at least six years in the works, with Barry Mendel first committing to produce back in 1997.

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffinJodie Foster's Flora Plum Starts Production
Source: Los Angeles Daily News

The Los Angeles Daily News reports that four years after the plug got pulled on Jodie Foster's Flora Plum directorial project - due to the shoulder injury of then-male lead Russell Crowe - the film's production finally got under way last week.

Luc Besson's EuropaCorp is producing and handling international sales on Foster's $24 million project. The film stars Ewan McGregor as a circus freak and Claire Danes as Flora Plum, a penniless girl who joins the circus. Meryl Streep also stars.

Based on a Steven Rogers script, "Plum" has been at least six years in the works, with Barry Mendel first committing to produce back in 1997.

An entire greenlit production can be completely derailed for years (and possibly forever) by a star's injury...

...Am I the only one who finds that a little frightening?

Reading Christine Vachon's book gives some insight into this, too... Both Happiness and Velvet Goldmine were put into jeopardy when Patricia Arquette and Nicole Kidman, respectively, withdrew their attachment.

Casting-contingent budgeting is a minefield, it seems... A sobering reminder that those of us who appreciate the talent behind the camera, without which the on-camera talent would be inert and could never shine, are probably well in the minority.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Jodie Foster Starring in Disney's Flight Plan
Source: Variety

Jodie Foster (Panic Room) will star in star in the Disney and Imagine thriller Flight Plan, reports Variety. Robert Schwentke will direct the film based on a pitch by Peter Dowling.

The story concerns a woman who, after the death of her husband, decides to return home to America with her young daughter. While on the flight, however, the daughter mysteriously disappears.

An end of August/beginning of September start is planned for the film. Terry Hayes and Shattered Glass writer-director Billy Ray subsequently penned rewrites.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Julianne Bares All for Arty Spread

Stunning redhead Julianne Moore has bared all for an arty 42-page spread in American high-society magazine W. The actress appears lounging provocatively on a chez lounge, wearing only gold-colored shoes and a huge red ring as part of a three-story spread - told in pictures. The naked picture, shot by Michael Thompson, begins a pictorial tale about a Mrs Robinson-type diva who seduces a younger man. The spread also features an odd tale of a woman who loses her nose, shot by video maker Michel Gondry, who manages to erase the actress' nose in one of the shots and has her attending a business meeting wearing a fake nose and glasses in another. The shots can be seen in the September W.

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

hey, i posted that too! we're like twins! twins born, like, 5 hours apart...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ElPandaRoyal

I actually read the two twins topics back to back and all I can say is that you guys are weird.

So weird, in fact, that you kind of remind me of me. We must be twins. About 5 seconds apart
Si