BEST MOVIE TITLES EVER

Started by finlayr, April 16, 2003, 08:39:43 PM

SoNowThen

Two or Three Things I Know About Her

Long Days Journey Into Night
(I think that was a play, dunno if it ever got made into a movie)

The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
(that makes me laugh every time!!)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ludovico

killer klowns from outer space
leprachaun in the hood
texas chainsaw massacre
"I'm successful, right? I mean, I could say to a woman, I'm a screenwriter and she'd look at me differently. I could get laid. But I want someone to like me. For me. Y'know? The way I like them. The way I'd do anything for that woman walking down the street. A million women walking down the street. I don't need to know what their jobs are. No one will ever love me like that. Like I love almost every woman I see."
      - Charlie Kaufman

Join my Mob!

Dendy

Catch-22
Amores Perros
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Buffalo '66
Requiem For A Dream
The Big Lebowski
The Royal Tenenbaums
Cannibal! The Musical

...and so on.
"The Dude Abides"

pumba

Actualy the best movie title is by far
Dude, Wheres My Car?

Pedro

Quote from: shnorffActualy the best movie title is by far
Dude, Wheres My Car?

it's really the best/worst

Ernie

I've always wondered...what does The 400 Blows refer to in the film? This is probably a stupid question but I don't care.

Cecil

Quote from: ebeaman69I've always wondered...what does The 400 Blows refer to in the film? This is probably a stupid question but I don't care.

imdb says: The title of the film comes from the French idiom "faire les quatre cents coups", meaning "to raise hell".

Stringstroker

I hated everything about Dude, where's my car.  But the title of the seqel is the best title I have ever heard.

Serioulsy Dude, Where's My Car.

That rocks.
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

RegularKarate

Evidently, that sequel title is bullshit... What's his face, Stiffler was on Conan, who brought it up and he said that he never agreed to any sequel.

MacGuffin

Seriously Dude, Where's My Car? - Ashton Kutcher told The Herald Sun today (Feb. 27) that the long rumoured sequel to "Dude, Where's My Car?" - apparently titled, "Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?" - is a no go. "It's just a rumour", Kutcher says. "No script even. And I would think in order to make a movie you'd have to have a script".

No script didn't stop them from making the first film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

SURF NAZIS MUST DIE

~rougerum

Stringstroker

It's still a great title.
-Barry Egan

Stringstroker

Quote from Variety:

"Sequel SERIOUSLY DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR? on the way
The first was a genre film, believe it or not...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Wednesday, April 17, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
By: News Editor
Source: Variety

It seems the under-the-radar genre comedy DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR? is getting a sequel. While the original film looked like a run-of-the-mill dumb-guy comedy from the marketing, it was actually a genre comedy centering on aliens who came to Earth and found themselves needing the help of the two hapless lugs (THAT 70S SHOW's Ashton Kutcher and AMERICAN PIE's Seann William Scott) to complete their mission.

Now it seems the aliens will be back in SERIOUSLY DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR? Expect it to be released in 2004, as it doesn't even start shooting until mid-2003.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is also a page for it on imdb with writing credits, budgets, and release dates.  Not that I care really.  I hated the first movie and I have a feeling I will hate the second.  I just get pleasure in proving MacGuffin wrong (nothing personal!)
-Barry Egan

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stringstroker"Sequel SERIOUSLY DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR? on the way
Dateline: Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Quote from: MacGuffinSeriously Dude, Where's My Car? - Ashton Kutcher told The Herald Sun today (Feb. 27, 2003)

06/05/02: In April, it was reported that 20th Century Fox had put a sequel to "Dude Where's My Car" entitled "Seriously Dude, Where's My Car" on the fasttrack for a possible 2003 release.

However, Seann William Scott told Zap2It that he and Ashton Kutcher may not be involved. "I know that they are going to do a sequel, but I heard that they're going to use unknowns," he said. "I think, with the first one, it was supposed to be quite a different movie than the way it turned out to be, so I think I'll let that one go and see what they do with [it]."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.