chris cunningham

Started by cowboykurtis, April 06, 2003, 11:34:51 AM

cowboykurtis

many of you most likely share my opnion that chirs cunningham is one ofthe most brilliant music video directors working. i hear that he is about to shoot his first feature, based on a "well known" sci fi novel. does any one know more about this? i cant wait to see a feature from this guy. supposedly he was contacted by kubrick after he saw the "all is full of love" video -- he wanted cunningham to do CGI work for AI.
...your excuses are your own...

Ghostboy

'All Is Full Of Love' is, like all of Bjork's videos, almost heartbreaking in its beauty.

Chris Cunningham is visual genius, and a lucky bastard too -- he was FX supervisor for Fincher on Alien 3 when he was 19 years old!

Check out this swell article, from which I got that bit of info:
http://www.res.com/magazine/features/article-cunningham1.html

Henry Krinkle

From what i've heard - the "well known" sci-fic novel Cunningham is turning into a film is called NECROMANCER by William Gibson.  I also heard APHEX TWIN is doing the soundtrack!

Satcho9

Windowlicker is one of the best music vids ever

Learn more about cunningham here...
http://www.director-file.com

cowboykurtis

i cant wait to see a feature by this guy.
...your excuses are your own...

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Ghostboyhe was FX supervisor for Fincher on Alien 3 when he was 19 years old!

19???...wow, fuckin' dick!   :lol:

astralpictures

Funny that my name is also Christopher Cunningham. I get emails here and there asking me if I really am him. I don't think most people in the business think it's my real name. Ahh well, maybe I'll have to come up with a pseudonym! There can't possibly be TWO Chris Cunningham directors, can there!!!!?

BonBon85

Keep the name. You can trick people into giving you money for your first feature!

astralpictures

HAHA! That's too funny. I swear someone else has said that to me before. When those people email me and ask me if I'm THE Chris Cunningham, the only thing I can say is I'm a Chris Cunningham yes, so does that answer your questions? It's my routine now.

Newtron

You should change it to... Chris von Cunningham.

Grand Epic

I still have yet to see his video for Radiohead's "Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors/Like Spinning Plates." It was a two-in-one video.

MacGuffin

Reported on Sunday, Variety is confirming the rumors about video director CHRIS CUNNINGHAM’s film project ‘RANX’.

The British born director, who won acclaim for his BJORK, MADONNA and APHEX TWINS videos, has been awarded $164,200 dollars from the U.K. Film Council. The money is to be used for developing ‘Ranx,’ a sci-fi relationship drama inspired by the cult French comicbook series of the same name (originally published as "RanXerox" but forced to change its title after a lawsuit from the photocopier firm).

Though the screenplay is at an early stage, Variety reports the story will center a boy, a girl and her big robot. American scribe GORDY HOFFMAN, who wrote "Love Liza," starring his brother Phillip Seymour Hoffman, will be sharing the screenplay duties with Cunningham. The comic based project will feature visionary and experimental style, but due to its major innovative special effects, the film will not be expected to be release any time soon.

Cunningham was rumored to be attached to the film adaptation for William Gibson's cyberpunk novel ‘Neuromancer’, but all reports indicate that film project is most likely dead.

Fans should also be on the lookout for a couple of new DVD projects from Cunningham.

ONE: A DVD concept album - made up of eight short films with a strong musical element, some of it composed by Cunningham.

TWO: ‘RUBBER JOHNNY’ (photo below) - about a kid with a mean dog, shot in the style of an underground comic, will be released as a "DVD single" and has been sold to the Sundance Channel in the U.S. Cunningham is planning to expand that segment into a 10-part TV series

CLICK HERE TO VIEW QUICK TEASER TRAILER FOR 'RUBBER JOHNNY'
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

this is gonna be sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. i seen that clip of the dude spazzing with the shrieks and spine tingling buzzes before when they used it to advertise Drukqs.. apparently that's cc himself in that clip.

but do u realise how sickkkkk Ranx/Happy Birthday Lubna is gonna be? and here i was, foolishly thinking there was nothing left to live for. *dreamy sigh*
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Ah yes. Good good good stuff. Is that money the whole budget or just for preproduction? Someone give Cunningham some money and free reign and lets see what he can do.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenIs that money the whole budget or just for preproduction?
it's from the council's Development Fund.. "The aim [of said fund] is to raise the quality of screenplays produced in or from the UK through targeted development initiatives.  Over time, the fund aims to build creatively focused relationships, with a breadth of talent, from 'first timers' to experienced practitioners."  

so i guess it's just to get the script right.
under the paving stones.