Polanski's THE TENANT

Started by cowboykurtis, April 04, 2003, 11:41:27 PM

cowboykurtis

i've been trying to find this film for ages. does any one know if its being released on dvd any time soon.  How is it, for those who have seen it? also how is repulsion? I loved knife in the water -- his early works are hard to come by.
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

macguffin. just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? you seem to always have the jump on the dvd news.

RegularKarate

Quote from: cowboykurtismacguffin. just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? you seem to always have the jump on the dvd news.

He's a professional enigma

cowboykurtis

soixante

I remember enjoying The Tenant, but I saw it over 20 years ago.  The tag line in the trailer is "No one does it to you like Roman Polanski," which always gets a laugh from revival cinema audiences.

Maybe with his Oscar, someone will put The Tenant and Tess on DVD.
Music is your best entertainment value.

cine

That's a hilarious sales pitch. By the way, the recent Polanski win has inspired people like Chris Rock to really go to town on the director. He keeps on making this joke on talk shows about how we boo Michael Moore but applaud Polanski's win. He says that we're murdering Saddam and thats fine.. but if Bush said we were going to rape him, then that would be wrong. Talk about beating a dead horse.

MacGuffin

Debuting on July 1st is The Tenant, from recent Oscar-winner Roman Polanski. Presented in anamorphic widescreen, and in mono only. There are no extras aside from a trailer. Retail is $19.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

I've been thinking about getting this one. Is it worth the 6 bucks?

I've heard very little about it. How is it? Good? Weird? Funny?