Shekhar Kapur

Started by Ravi, June 04, 2004, 04:01:22 PM

Ravi

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/kapurs-paani-finally-set-to-flow?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Kapur's Paani finally set to flow
By Patrick Frater
Fri, 30 November 2012, 19:00 PM (HKT)
Production News

Celebrated Indian director Shekhar Kapur is finally to go ahead with his ambitious futuristic tale Paani after teaming up with leading production studio Yash Raj Films.

Kapur introduced the film to international investors at Cannes in 2010 but had until now not been able to complete the finance for what was previously estimated as a $30 million project.

Production is set to begin in mid-2013 in India and overseas locations, with YRF boss Aditya Chopra producing and multiple Oscar-winner AR Rahman delivering the music score. "The film will have a strong Indian and Western star cast, headed by a young leading actor from India and a young leading actress from the west," YRF said in a statement. Indian star Hrithik Roshan has been frequently tipped for the role.

The film is set in the near future in a megacity at a time when water wars have broken out. The story follows the daughter of a water corporation boss who is kidnapped by a 'water warrior' from the poverty-ridden 'lower city'.

"I have been preparing for this film for a long time, but always wanted an Indian partner that has the same passion for the film as I do and in Adi [Chopra] I have finally found that. It's a huge production that demands futuristic sets and large action pieces," said Kapur in the statement.

Ravi

Kapur is executive producing and directing a pilot for FX

http://www.studiosystemnews.com/tv-pilots-for-111913-shekhar-kapur-to-direct-executive-produce-rasputin-for-fx/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rasputin

Network: FX

Executive Producer: Shekhar Kapur, Paul T. Scheuring

Writer: Paul T. Scheuring

Director: Shekhar Kapur

Logline: Tells the story of the Russian peasant and mystic who became an adviser to the Russian Imperial family.

Details: Planned as a limited series. Based on the forthcoming book, Rasputin: Dark Forces And The Fall of The Romanovs, by Douglas Smith.

Pubrick

Orgies.

That's why this got financed.

That and intrigue, murder, and a possible zombie in the last few episodes.
under the paving stones.