shooting in the streets at night--now with a trailer

Started by pete, July 03, 2005, 11:59:52 AM

w/o horse

I really like the screencaps and used this one to help build anticpation like what happens to all of the year's hottest films.  Also did you shoot an indie action film?  I must see it.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

pete

I did a little bit of writing and brainstorming for my friend's film "Contour" and I did some directing/ editing/ choreography/ shooting for Kaiju Big Battel but I have never made an indie action film on my own no.  I love those two dvds that I helped out, but those are really my friends' babies, with completely different sensibilities. 

I love fighting and action and choreography, but I like connecting and engaging the audience better.  Until I can fully transform awesome fight scenes with spectacular cinematography and creative choreography and movements from mere spectacles/ dance numbers into human drama/ comedy, my focus will always be on the human.  I remember the era when Jackie Chan was making fight scenes that were way too cerebral for the common man because too much happened too fast and to the layman all he saw was fighting and flips, then Jackie Chan began more overtly aestheticizing his fights with bigger sets and pyrotechnics, exotic locations, celebrity fighters, prettier movements, and a lot more slapstick comedy.  I aim to end up where Jackie Chan left off in 1985, but with fully complex drama to go with the complex fights.  I am nowhere near either, so I begin very humbly right now, making a short film, a very simple farce that deals with the pros and cons of the knifehand technique (aka the karate chop).  And from there I hope maybe 20 years from now I'll make a film where the audience will finally understand complex choreography more than just "really fast asskicking".

but right now I'm worried about even more fundamental things--the next shooting day, gathering the actors, getting the location, SOUND (probably have to dub things in post, which will probably SUCK), and most of all, whether or not the story makes any sense and whether or not anyone will ever give a shit.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

Quote from: pete on January 17, 2006, 11:46:37 PM
but right now I'm worried about even more fundamental things--the next shooting day, gathering the actors, getting the location, SOUND (probably have to dub things in post, which will probably SUCK), and most of all, whether or not the story makes any sense and whether or not anyone will ever give a shit.
These worries never end.  No matter how experienced you get, these are a producer's constant worries.  It's just what it takes to make a movie.  Thanks for emphasizing SOUND, which just ain't nuttin' to fuck wit'.

Good luck with all your goals, pete.

pete

thought I was so close to being done, and then tonight just made everything so far away.
due to my lack of money, everything in this movie had to be free and everything was a struggle.  even trying to find a vehicle to carry all the equpments around was a struggle.  today, for the third time, I tried to finish this fight scene at night to no avail.  the first time we almost got mugged by people with knives, the second time we just flat out ran out of time because some folks had to leave by midnight.  tonight we had adequete time but then it started raining and my camera's battery started malfunctioning.  three times we tried to shoot this one scene.  all the other scene ran very smoothly but the the scene most pivotal to the movie had to be ruined.  tomorrow is the climatic fight.  now I'm all timid and afraid.  what I shot tonight was beautiful, but I don't think I'll be able to do a pickup shoot.  I'm leaving for taiwan in two weeks, for two months.  my lead actor leaves for barcelona on monday.  none of the stunt guys will be free again for a while.  and it's supposed to rain for quite a few more days.  I might be able to wait until august, but by then, the contruction site we shot around will probably be finished.  it'll be square one again.
please share with me your horror stories, with hopefully happy endings, to make me feel better?
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton