Best Debut Film

Started by MacGuffin, March 06, 2007, 08:11:38 PM

MacGuffin

Tie:

Best Debut Film: HALF NELSON (Ryan Fleck - Dir.)

Best Debut Film: LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE (Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris - Dir.)

THE NOMINEES

Brick - Rian Johnson - Dir.
Half Nelson - Ryan Fleck - Dir.
Little Miss Sunshine - Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris - Dir.
Thank You For Smoking - Jason Reitman - Dir.
V For Vendetta - James McTeigue - Dir.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Not to slag on either of those movies, but five years from now, Fleck, Dayton, and Faris will be directing episodes of "Law & Order" while Rian Johnson shares a Xixax forum with Fincher, Aronofsky, and Soderbergh.  I'm not saying I'm bitter, but yes, yes, I am bitter.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

agreed.  this was the one category where i was really disappointed.  i can't believe that Half Nelson sneaked ahead of Brick.  i don't remember everyone talking about that earlier last year, i think everyone must have rented it and thought it was gritty and confused performance with film.  or it could've been the late swell of Brick-lash.  oh well.  a year ago we were all in love though, werent we?

i also wish Monster House and Mission: Impossible III could've lost this category too.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: polkablues on March 07, 2007, 12:23:30 AM
Not to slag on either of those movies, but five years from now, Fleck, Dayton, and Faris will be directing episodes of "Law & Order" while Rian Johnson shares a Xixax forum with Fincher, Aronofsky, and Soderbergh Richard Kelly with the sub-heading "Geniuses or Hacks?"  I'm not saying I'm bitter, but yes, yes, I am bitter.

Pubrick

Quote from: jacksparrow on March 07, 2007, 08:50:57 AM
Not to slag on either of those movies, but five years from now, Fleck, Dayton, and Faris will be directing episodes of "Law & Order" while Rian Johnson shares a Xixax forum with Fincher, Aronofsky, and Soderbergh Richard Kelly with the sub-heading "Geniuses or Hacks?"  I'm not saying I'm bitter, but yes, yes, I am bitter.

AM I RIGHT PEOPLE??

yes. prove me wrong dick kelly. rian johnson has yet to show any promise.
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

I agree with Xixax only here.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Alexandro

i rented half nelson expecting a great performance and got more, i got a great movie. the way this film combines the inner experience of his main character with his sorroundings, and organically links his personal life with his environment and sociopolitical condition it's a lesson for all the "pursuits of happyness" in this world,,,....-.-mn

Pubrick

Quote from: Alexandro on March 17, 2007, 05:19:50 PM
,,,....-.-mn

haha, yeah i've been doing a few drunk posts myself lately.
under the paving stones.

socketlevel

touche!

preach on brotha, preach on!
the one last hit that spent you...