To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

Xixax

Quote from: bob9:00 pm, time for Cinemax
You mean Skinemax?

Man they show some terrible softcore on there. It's absolutely retarded.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bob

ya, doesn't my avatar look like he is getting ready to go for the sock ala american pie

phpbb2 owns!

Concerning editing posts....  The way i run it on my board is there is a mod that allows you to specify an edit time... That way if someone actually DOES need to edit it for a mistake, they can.. but after 15 minutes, they can't touch it.

Although!

Be warned that the latest version of phpbb is going to be a HUGE overhaul, and the coders are saying that practically no modificatinos will work with it.. everything will have to be re written.  Evidently in the early stages of builing phpbb2's databse, they didnt build it in a way that would be ideal for handling huge loads on the database, so rather than continuing building on a crappyer code, they are redoing stuff.  This is why I haven't updated mine, and wont until the new phpbb comes out..  Which will have a lot of new modifications to it anyways.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Xixax

Quote from: 82phpbb2 owns!

Concerning editing posts....  The way i run it on my board is there is a mod that allows you to specify an edit time... That way if someone actually DOES need to edit it for a mistake, they can.. but after 15 minutes, they can't touch it.

Although!

Be warned that the latest version of phpbb is going to be a HUGE overhaul, and the coders are saying that practically no modificatinos will work with it.. everything will have to be re written.  Evidently in the early stages of builing phpbb2's databse, they didnt build it in a way that would be ideal for handling huge loads on the database, so rather than continuing building on a crappyer code, they are redoing stuff.  This is why I haven't updated mine, and wont until the new phpbb comes out..  Which will have a lot of new modifications to it anyways.
This is my first experience with phpbb2, so this is great information. In following their site, I know a new version is close. Unfortunately, I also read rumor that there may be some issues upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4, and that all new boards need to be built if you're using 1.4. I do hope I misunderstood about that. I'm sure that even after 1.4 comes out, it'll just be a matter of time before someone develops a 1.3 -> 1.4 converter that's stable, so I'll cross my fingers and hope.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

budgie

Oi, why am I a grip and not a Prod Assistant?

Is it so I can lose it later?  :shock:

RegularKarate

I just noticed that old Macoroni was a site admin... is this a new thing for you or am I just completely unobservant?

Xixax

We added some new admins. Mostly old PTA board regulars.
[/size]

Travis Bickle

suse me, but mine should say background artist not extra.
please correct this problem immediately.

Xixax

[/size]

bluejaytwist

ah the power of admins. such a cherished title yet so unsatisfying in the grand scheme of things. almost like middle management. without the pay raise. i knew a few once. even dabbled in it. but i lost my grip and had to slip. i miss that pool. perhaps ill dig my shorts out of the closet and go for a dip.
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

Travis Bickle

dood, don't
you're not aj or ajay or aghey or how ever creative you're trying to be.
again, let it R.I.P.

eye mean thus ena neyes whey

bluejaytwist

never claim to be things im not.
jones is bones, im certain:
it's curtains.
just waxin to the fellows.
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

Xixax

[/size]

atticus jones

looking for love in all the wrong places...
too many topics...not enough tropics...
was it hot or is it just me...

seems like a logical place to begin...

none the less

love jones
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

sphinx

bonjour jones
nice to see your pretty face again