To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

luvfilm2

Thanks Mike for setting this up and I like how you came up the name.  How do you pronounce it?  Zixax? I just recently discovered the PT Anderson board after getting blown away by Punch Drunk Love.  I wasn't sure how I felt that PTA himself didn't have it up and running but I didn't realize it was being coopted.   :D I saw Boogie Nights twice.  I loved the opening track shot and I thought it was the best depiction of drug use on film.  Needless to say, I'm a fan.

sphinx

yeah, cheers!

michael: i actually turned off edit stains on the other yabbse boards, they were on there initially.

Jeremy Blackman

As Pubrick might say, long live the Edit Stain, that keeper of honesty, that disciplinary embarassment.

This board has gone through so many revivals in the last few weeks that I am losing count of how many times my definition of God has changed.

Attention all newbies: Don't try to understand the admins. They have an estranged world of message boarding behind them, they are unable to seperate from an epic former life, and they are generally confused human beings.

Xixax

Quote from: JeremyBlackmanAttention all newbies: Don't try to understand the admins. They have an estranged world of message boarding behind them, they are unable to seperate from an epic former life, and they are generally confused human beings.

But *I* am the sexiest!

0X
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

Quote from: JeremyBlackmanAs Pubrick might say, long live the Edit Stain, that keeper of honesty, that disciplinary embarassment.

This board has gone through so many revivals in the last few weeks that I am losing count of how many times my definition of God has changed.

Attention all newbies: Don't try to understand the admins. They have an estranged world of message boarding behind them, they are unable to seperate from an epic former life, and they are generally confused human beings.

some admins will try to walk to get to places that simply do not exist.  for example, every time i look at this index, i am disoriented, because i have looked at the other bloody c&c index for so long.  mikey is the self proclaimed sexiest with his self proclaimed...item.  pubrick's saying reminds me of dirty posts, and how we don't have them any more.  dirty posts and clean posts

Xixax

Speaking of pubes, think he'll come around? Haven't seen him on Mogwai's board and he hasn't dropped in here yet.

We must have that funky fresh animated bee stinger.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

picolas

I AM A VERY BLIND MAN. SO BLIND. MY FULL NAME IS BLIND-BLIND FISHER BLIND.

sphinx

mikey: pubes sez he might be back, but under a different name.  not necessarily in disguise, though

edit: one thing i have to note here is that i think that there are just too many forums to post under.   waaay too many

picolas

Quote from: sphinxedit: one thing i have to note here is that i think that there are just too many forums to post under.   waaay too many

i agree (although i really like some of the new additions). not sure if EVERY director needs their own forum...i think one or two mergers here and there are in order...

Xixax

Quote from: picolasnot sure if EVERY director needs their own forum...i think one or two mergers here and there are in order...

Yeah, I fought with that a little while.

What I really wanted was a board-within-a-board. Have a Director's discussion area, and then have sub-sections within that. But I know that by doing that, we'd end up with 20 "PTA" posts, which was no good. That's ultimately why I made full sections for the most "want to be discussed" directors.

The lineup that's there now will probably continue to change somewhat over the next few months until things are totally settled in here. At least that's my thought.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

I dont really get why PT Anderson board was closed but I have grown to accept it after finding my way back. Thanks for setting this up, I hope it grows.......Out of all the film makers, why does Michael Moore have his own section?

Xixax

In case anyone is interested...

Check out message #1 in this thread again. I added some "xixax" info, so now we'll know how to pronounce it.

It appears that only the original post shows edit stains. replies do not. At least as far as I am able to tell so far.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

That is by far one of the most bizarre songs I've heard.

picolas

...i'd like to see either the music video for that song, or a musical based on that song.

ShellRoth

I know this is prob a dumb question for most of you , but I am pretty computer illiterate ( I will freely admit that in AUG this year I will hit the big 5-0), I don't understand how to upload an avatar!  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

:?: