best album covers ever

Started by sphinx, March 19, 2003, 03:09:56 PM

sphinx

another thread prompted me to do this.

i would hate this band if it weren't for the penguins on the cover (i've never heard their music)

and when you post a cover, please explain why it's so great unless it's 'hitting-you-over-the-head-with-a-sledgehammer-fantastic' great.

Jeremy Blackman

I think these are both self-explanatory...

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

That album by Duke fame, which featured a photo of him tied to a table and surrounded by naked women holding bull whips

Dirk

Such a simple cover but amazing nonetheless. Every time I see a prism, I think this album. It educate's the people too.

Just a great cover.

Also a very beautiful cover. It's not every day you see an alien fetus on the cover of a CD.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

phil marlowe

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

neatahwanta

MacGuffin

Talking Heads/More Songs About Buildings And Food (made up of 529 close-up polaroids)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

penfold0101

Lemon jelly – Lost Horizons. I couldn't find a picture to properly show it off, the cover opens out and the landscape covers all three panels.
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00006C77O.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">

Coldplay - Parachutes.
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004U9MS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">

Adrian Sherwood - Never Trust a Hippy. It makes me think of Magnolia I think that's why I like it.
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000084T5U.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">

Zero 7 – Simple Things.
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005BCG3.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Pubrick

hard_________________core.

lotsa Ween albums (click to enlarge):
          .. etc.
Chocolate and Cheese (cos it's hot). The Mollusk (cos it's cold)

notable mention:

was really into this cover back in the day. lost sum of its impact, but damn it crushed me one day.

that'll do for now.
under the paving stones.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Raikus

Not a fan of their music, but this cover and the booklet are just breathtaking:

Great photography:

Love LTJ:

Best cover of my teenage years:

An undeniable classic:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SHAFTR

...this always makes me smile

not a good album, but I love the cover....

I love this

and the most beautiful album cover ever...

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

that dork from silverchair gets to fuck her  :cry: