SoNowThen

I wanna be a filmmaker...

You need a degree in law
You need a degree in business
You need a degree in lit
You need a degree in Psychology
You need to attend art & language classes

:|

I wish it was just a touch more user-friendly.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

kotte

Quote from: SoNowThenI wanna be a filmmaker...

You need a degree in law
You need a degree in business
You need a degree in lit
You need a degree in Psychology
You need to attend art & language classes

:|

I wish it was just a touch more user-friendly.

I'm glad that's not true... :)

socketlevel

thing is, you've been talking about copyright laws and other stuff but one of you is in canada and the other in the states.  our system might differ slightly from the states.  you should check with a law firm in edmonton or some other organization that could help you with this information.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

metroshane

True socketlevel....but I believe the US and Canada both adhere to the Berne convention.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

socketlevel

true true.  

from the limey:

"there is just one thing i don't understand."

"what's that"

"the one thing i don't understand, is every mother fuckin' word you just said."

lol, but seriously i don't know much about that copywrite stuff.  it was just a suggestion.

Quote from: socketlevelour system "might" differ slightly from the states.
the one last hit that spent you...