Themed Lists of Films

Started by wilder, October 22, 2017, 05:10:01 PM

wilberfan

Did I miss it?   

Shouldn't Boogie Nights be in the Los Angeles Plays Itself category?

jenkins

it's a list of movies that were featured in the documentary titled Los Angeles Plays Itself.

wilberfan

Quote from: jenkins on October 22, 2017, 06:43:24 PM
it's a list of movies that were featured in the documentary titled Los Angeles Plays Itself.

My question stands.   :yabbse-grin:

jenkins

Boogie Nights wasn't featured in the documentary Los Angeles Plays itself, if that's unclear. i was taking it as a funny question to ask. here's an article where a person gets mad about that and other things

QuotePaul Thomas Anderson is also nowhere to be found, despite the fact that both Boogie Nights and Magnolia contain a multitude of scenes that would feel right at home in this essay. The film gives us a lot of James Dean, but no Marilyn Monroe, which seems unusual given that our city's tourism is now practically built around her likeness. Movies as diverse as Sunset Boulevard, Mulholland Drive, and Clueless get cameos, but feel like they should be bumped up to co-starring roles. There's no Swingers, no Ed Wood, but there is a curious examination of the long-forgotten dud Hanging Up. Of course, with a subject like this, you could spend all day thinking up relevant movies that are underrepresented here. (There's a pretty good L.A. montage in the opening of The Brady Bunch Movie, but I didn't expect to find that here.)

it's a big city. there are lots of movies. Los Angeles Plays Itself is a great movie, if that's unclear.

jenkins

Heavy Shredders from 1924 to 1934

i made this list of movies from my personal favorite time period