Do I even like movies?

Started by Derek, September 09, 2003, 08:18:23 PM

meatball

Quote from: Losing the Horse:The first couple of times I saw it, yeah.  Good times.  I'm glad it's a part of my film knowledge.  I just don't want/need to own the movie.

Absorb, then abandon.

Alethia

Quote from: Losing the Horse:The Crying Game, Platoon, Lawrence of Arabia, North by Northwest, The Untouchables, American Graffiti, Deer Hunter and The Exorcist.

sacreligious.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

w/o horse

The only one I'll miss is the Crying Game, which my small print clearly said will be purchased again in collector's edition form.

The rest are a combination of not good, overrated, and only marginally entertaining.  In the case of Platoon, American Graffiti, Deer Hunter, and the Exorcist - all of the above.

What kind of film snobs are you guys anyway?  The classics are meant to be questioned.  You guys are like a group of conservatives calling the critiquing of government policies un-patrioitic.

That goes for the two who have already spoken, and those who wish to speak after.  The defense rests.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Losing the Horse:What kind of film snobs are you guys anyway?  

Oh, yes, I'm the snob. I didn't give sell away "classics" for movies with subtitles.  :roll:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse:What kind of film snobs are you guys anyway?  The classics are meant to be questioned.  You guys are like a group of conservatives calling the critiquing of government policies un-patrioitic.

That goes for the two who have already spoken, and those who wish to speak after.  The defense rests.
wow, could u be any more psycho? yeah, a few ppl jokingly object to a few movies on personal grounds probably, and u make huge assumptions about everyone else?

u better cut back on the generalizations and need to make everyone a "snob" (a word u seem to be obsessed with) before u go the way of neatahwanta.
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Quote from: MacGuffin

Oh, yes, I'm the snob. I didn't give sell away "classics" for movies with subtitles.  :roll:

Look I was using snob as a compliment, or rather the lack of snobbery as an insult.

Also, there were many non-classics in the group I sold.  Do you think maybe I own more that I like?

Also, it is only coincidence that most of the movies I got for the trade-in are subtitled (don't know if you noticed The Third Man or not), seeing as how they are all, with the exception of Shoot the Piano Player, expensive, three of them Criterion and one a box set.  I bought Shoot the Piano Player because I already own The Breakfast Club.

Now go count your goddamn dvd collection and stop being a fucking ass about these non-important issues.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

w/o horse

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Losing the Horse:What kind of film snobs are you guys anyway?  The classics are meant to be questioned.  You guys are like a group of conservatives calling the critiquing of government policies un-patrioitic.

wow, could u be any more psycho? yeah, a few ppl jokingly object to a few movies on personal grounds probably, and u make huge assumptions about everyone else?

u better cut back on the generalizations and need to make everyone a "snob" (a word u seem to be obsessed with) before u go the way of neatahwanta.

I've used the word snob twice here, I think.  That is pretty excessive.  And both times it was meant in a light-hearted, playful fashion.

Generalizations?  

QuoteThat goes for the two who have already spoken, and those who wish to speak after.

Pretty sure I was clearly only talking to two people and a party of people yet to be decided.

modage

27 > 9 movies?  i think you got a raw deal.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse:
I've used the word snob twice here, I think. ...

Generalizations?  

Pretty sure I was clearly only talking to two people and a party of people yet to be decided.

u've only been posting, what, a week? apart from this latest example:
in ur crash review:
Quote from: Losing the Horse:Just to be sure, I brought along the old parental unit (impervious to artfilm snobbery and a glutton of hype)
and on ur second day of posting, from the Criterion news thread:
Quote from: Losing the Horse:Can a film snob give me a Hoop Dreams overview?
so yeah u do seem a bit obsessed with the word. besides, the joke is on u. no one has been talking seriously here, no one is attacking u as personally as u seem to be attacking everyone else. that makes u a psycho, sumone with a neatahwanta-level of unfounded hostility.

clearly u havn't been around long enuff to know who, if anyone, is a snob. yet u continue to generalize:
Quote from: Losing the Horse:
QuoteThat goes for the two who have already spoken, and those who wish to speak after.
"part of ppl yet to be decided"? so, basically, anyone who replies to u. hmm, is that a generalization that could potentially include everyone? yeah. take ur own advice, dude. relax, and

Quote from: Losing the Horse:stop being a fucking ass.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

w/o horse

Okay but what you still don't seem to be getting is that I think the word "snob" is funny, as many people think the word "core" is funny.

But yeah.  I was taking things personally.  A man's movie collection should be not talked about, much like the Mrs.

modage

your Mrs. sucks cocks in hell.  :-D
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

modage's DVDs are so retarded, they really are special eds.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatball

Today Losing the Horse ceased being a boy and became a man.